15 Quick Tips on Finding the Perfect Conference Venue
Read This Confession To Me
Perfect Venue Tips
Time is money and faffing around trying to find venue hire can be really time consuming. In order to make things a little easier for you, here are 15 quick tips to ensure that you get the best venue possible with the least amount of hassle:
- Where is it – Very important. Try to pick somewhere that’s easy to get to regardless of where your delegates are coming from. Try find venues that are near to key motorways, train stations or airports to make it really easy.
- Look for packages – Most conference venues put together packages to entice you, it’s well worth looking for these as they can drastically reduce the amount of time you have to spend organising the event.
- How much room is there – Don’t just focus on max capacity, look at the size of the venue that’s being offered. Nobody wants to spend hours crammed into a room, so if the venue claims it can hold up to 300 people you need to determine how crowded that would be.
- What’s included – Every venue and package is different, so making sure you know what’s included in each package is vital. If you have any special requirements then it is a good idea to ask before booking the venue.
- Can you access the internet – If you require the internet throughout the conference (and even if you don’t) make sure that you can access it, that it is fast enough for you and see if there are any additional costs to using it.
- Is there food and drink – Hungry and thirsty people won’t be paying attention to what it is you’re trying to tell them. Find out what the event’s catering options are and if they don’t offer food and drink then look elsewhere.
- What about overnight accommodation – For multiple-day events or boozy networking having overnight accommodation is a god-send. Ask the venue if they offer this with their corporate packages.
- How easy is it to get there – Not just where is it, but how easy is it to find? The last thing you want to have to do is direct every single delegate to the front door – pick somewhere well signposted.
- Have they been used before – Being a guinea pig for your event may save you a bit of cash, but it also opens you up to a whole lot of mistakes, is this a risk you’re willing to take?
- Price! – It may be down the list at number ten, but for most companies price is the number one thing to consider when booking venue hire. Shop around to find what the average cost is and find one that gives a great rate combined with a good service.
- Is it available – Many venues can be booked up weeks, months and even years in advance, it’s a good idea to check that there is availability for your chosen date in advance.
- Will you be looked after – Having a waiter service or dedicated team looking after you can make your event extra special and ensure that all attendees enjoy the day.
- Are you able to brand the location – This is essential with product launches or branded conferences and it can be something that’s not discussed till too late. Most venues will allow you to add your branding throughout the venue, although not all so always check beforehand.
- Is there enough parking – If people are driving to the venue, will they be able to park and how much will it cost them? Nobody wants to spend hours looking for a space that costs £16.20 for 2 hours , find a location with free parking – and plenty of it!
- Can you adapt the seating to suit – Are you stuck with a generic conference or meeting room set up or can you arrange the room as you like? This may not be vital to your event, but having the option is always a good thing.
That’s all there is to it – 15 steps to ensuring that you book the perfect venue for your needs.
About the Author
Brought to you by the Waterside Hotel, experts in venue hire in Didsbury, Manchester – perfect for meetings, events, conferences and even corporate parties. With a wealth of experience in the industry, we always ensure that our guests are well looked after and their events run as smoothly as possible.
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- Time is money and faffing around trying to find venue hire can be really time consuming.
- Most conference venues put together packages to entice you, it’s well worth looking for these as they can drastically reduce the amount of time you have to spend organising the event.
- Nobody wants to spend hours crammed into a room, so if the venue claims it can hold up to 300 people you need to determine how crowded that would be.
- If you require the internet throughout the conference (and even if you don’t) make sure that you can access it.