Should I Do My Homework? Ask Celebrities! [Infographic]
Celebrities On Doing Homework
Do you think that exceptional performance at school is the key to your success in life? Then you should take a minute to look at our infographic. You will be surprised to learn that many celebrities struggled to complete academic tasks yet they have achieved success in life. Our infographic presents questions and answers from celebrities. The aim of these questions is to find out whether celebrities did their homework in childhood and what they think about doing homework. Answers by some of these celebrities will surprise you.
Homework and your Future
It’s a general fact that students don’t like homework. But, homework is an integral part of formal education and this will always be the case for many years to come. However, the homework topic and its importance in shaping the future of students has always raised a heated debate. Several studies have been conducted on this topic but professors and teachers have strongly held their position. Today, students at different study levels are required to complete numerous assignments during their academic life.
On the other hand, students and some parents see homework as an unnecessary burden. That’s because students are required to spend hours in the library and at home doing homework. Unfortunately, some assignments don’t add any value to the lives of students. Perhaps, this can be seen from the infographic where famous people confess to skipping homework. It’s, therefore apparent that failure to do homework can’t hinder you from achieving success in life.
About the Infographic
The infographic reveals that homework has little effect on academic performance of students and their success in life. That’s because some successful celebrities don’t have strong academic backgrounds. Thus, though formal education doesn’t have a substitute, lack of a university degree should not hinder you from leading a successful future. This infographic shows that it’s possible to scale great heights even when you don’t like completing academic tasks.
Let’s now have a look at our infographic to find out what different celebrities say about doing homework.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
SHOULD I DO MY HOMEWORK? ASK CELEBRITIES
"Acting, and the privilege of being able to do it for a living, is so important to me. I don't turn up and just hope for the best. I really fret about it. I DO MY HOMEWORK. I prepare myself for the experience of playing a particular character."
- KATE WINSLET, an English actress and singer, the recipient of an Academy Award, an Emmy Award, four Golden Globe Awards, a Grammy Award, a BIFA Award, an AACTA Award, and three BAFTA Awards.
"When I was growing up, my parents told me, 'Finish your dinner. People in China and India are starving.' I tell my daughters, 'Finish your homework, people in India and China are starving for your job.'"
- THOMAS FRIEDMAN, an American journalist, author, and three time Pulitzer Prize Winner
"School, I never truly got the knack of. I could never focus on things I didn't want to learn. MATH IS JUST THE WORST. To this day, I can't concentrate on it. People always say, 'You should have tried harder.' But actually, I cheated a lot because I could not sit and do homework."
- LEONARDO DICAPRIO, an American actor and film producer
"There's only one interview technique that matters... Do your homework so you can listen to the answers and react to them and ask follow-ups. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, PREPARE."
- JIM LEHRER, an American journalist and novelist
"I don't like this idea of Method. I come from that school, but what I was taught was that it's your imagination. You do your homework, AND USE YOUR IMAGINATION."
- MARK RUFFALO, an American actor, director, humanitarian, social activist, and film producer
"I WILL NOT GO INTO A STORY UNPREPARED. I will do my homework and that's something I learned at an early age."
- ED BRADLY, an American journalist, best known for 26 years of award-winning work on the CBS News television program 60 minutes
"As much as I'd only like to concentrate on the creative side of acting, the whole business in general is just that - a business — and you have to do your homework IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL."
- MARGOT ROBBIT, an Australian actress
"MY FAMILY PUT A LOT OF EMPHASIS ON HOMEWORK, so there weren't too many comic books or video games for me, when I was growing up."
- WENTWORTH MILLER, an American actor, model, screenwriter, and producer
"Despite what people think, I was such a rule follower at school. I loved the whole slacker look, like, 'Hey I don't care, whatever,' but IF I DIDN'T TURN MY HOMEWORK IN, I WOULD PANIC."
- KRISTEN STEWART, an American actress and model
"I'm a pretty disciplined investor and pretty disciplined buyer. I do my due diligence. I DO MY HOMEWORK. I don't waste money."
- BRUCE RAUNER, an American businessman, philanthropist, and politician
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- You will be surprised to learn that many celebrities struggled to complete academic tasks yet they have achieved success in life.
- Homework is an integral part of formal education and this will always be the case for many years to come.
- Several studies have been conducted on this topic but professors and teachers have strongly held their position.
- On the other hand, students and some parents see homework as an unnecessary burden.