Live the Dream, Work from Home [Infographic]
Read This Confession To Me
Want To Quit Your Job and Work From Home? Keep Reading
When was it when your dream of working from home became a pressing necessity? It may have been while choking on car fumes during the morning commute or when the bus was late again. Or it may have been when you were trying to get a project done but your colleague was talking about their relationships or what their cat vomited up the night before. Perhaps it was the micromanaging boss who does not know what you’re supposed to do, but tells you how, in great depth, what you should be doing even though you know it’s going to fail?
Working from home can be the most fantastic and rewarding of lifestyle choices, but you also have to roll with the downsides and put a lot of effort in. If you get it right, you could earn way more money, work in in comfort, and most of all, set your own schedule. It’s all down to you. So, do you have the mettle? Can you put in the time? The discipline? Can you ignore the temptations and deal with the loneliness?
Your crucial, first step, is to work out what kind of work you are going to do from home. Is it your current job as a remote worker? Will you take your skills into the freelance, gig economy? Or will you build your own business?
In fact, there are 85 good reasons to quit your job and work from home, which I’ve covered for you, but there are also many things you need to consider first. Remember the benefits, be wary of the downsides, know how to work smart, and don’t fall for all the myths.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Are you an Undercover Success?
85 Reasons Why You Should Quit Your Job, Start Your Own Business, Travel Around the World, and Become Successful
WHY YOU SHOULD QUIT YOUR JOB NOW!
- Life is just too damn short
- Your amazing ideas don't matter
- You feel like you're taking steps back, not forward
- You lack purpose
- You hate going to and being at work (in the morning, after lunch, and every other second of the day)
- You lack interest in your passion (or the passion is gone)
- You're not learning and growing
- Your skills aren't being utilized
- You don't fit inside your company's culture
- Everything is too routine
- You're not happy (at work or outside of work)
- You're outlook on everything is negative
- Your family and friends say you're not yourself anymore
- Your health sucks, you're stressed, and you never exercise
- You freakin' HATE your boss
- You'd rather take risks than sit in a cubicle
- You're curious and want to explore what life is about
- Your responsibilities increase, but your pay stays the same
- The amount of money you get doesn't matter, you're still unhappy either way
- You feel like you're not in control of your life
- Your retirement is a joke
- You know it's time to go, so take a leap of faith and do it!
- You're a natural born leader
- You're highly self-motivated
- You're full of determination and drive
- Your body is fueled by passion
- You believe in yourself
- You're confidence is sky high
- You have a willingness to fail (and keep getting back up)
- You have the persistence to keep going, no matter what
- You strive to learn what you don't know
- You're open-minded and flexible
- You're extremely competitive and ready for any challenge
- You're willing to take accountability for all actions
- You encourage and welcome change
- You push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You seek out help from others
- You put your ego to the side
- You're quick on your feet and highly adaptable
- You excel at networking
- You're more excited about the journey than the end game
- You're not afraid to take risks
- You're willing to push yourself and others to succeed
- You have more ambition than anyone you know
- You act respectable and have integrity
- You have a strong desire to achieve and make a difference
- You have a positive mindset and surround yourself with other like-minded individuals
- You'll erase the "what ifs" of your life
- You'll increase your knowledge and overall learning of business and life
- You'll wake up eager to work and make progress
- You'll finally follow your passion
- You'll learn to become more determined and fearless
- You'll learn to take action and not just talk
- You can get lots of tax benefits
- You're able to make your own job security
- You can learn new skills and reach new heights
- You'll get the chance to become an expert at something
- You can find mentors and learn from them
- You'll have the freedom to make your own choices and do what you want
- You'll have more time to yourself
- You'll have a better outlook on life
- Your mindset will overflow with positivity
- You'll inspire others that are close to you
- You'll have the chance to build something special, bigger than yourself
- You'll be able to set your own hours
- You won't have to dread waking up each morning and going to a dead end job
- You'll feel like you have a sense of purpose
- Traveling around the world allows you to invest in yourself and find out who YOU really are
- The dreams you have, the experiences you make the people you meet, the cultures you learn about, the food you eat, the different economies and how other businesses work, all of this will shape you into a better person and allows you to discover your true self
- It will also help your own business in a positive way and spark innovative and out of the box thinking
- And don't forget, you don't have to stop working while traveling
- It's easier to travel than ever before
- You'll gain real-world experience
- You'll learn how to talk with anyone, regardless of any language barrier
- It will take you out of your comfort zone and regular boundaries
- You'll meet people who inspire you
- You'll discover the way others live that you never imagined
- It'll open your eyes and broaden your horizons
- You'll develop skills you never knew you had
- You'll be more educated
- You'll learn negotiation skills
- Your mind, body, and soul will grow
- You'll gain a sense of fulfillment
- You won't regret it (or have any regrets) when you're older
- There's no better time than right now!
So, How will you become a success from quitting your job, starting your own business, and traveling the world?
If you strive to build and craft all of the skills (listed above) into your personal arsenal, utilize the reasons (above) to motivate you to get started, and keep a positive mindset, you will ultimately succeed not just in the sense of the word, but even more so, and much more importantly, in the true meaning of LIFE.
Brought to you by ON BLAST BLOG
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- When was it when your dream of working from home became a pressing necessity?
- It may have been while choking on car fumes during the morning commute or when the bus was late again.
- Perhaps it was the micromanaging boss who does not know what you’re supposed to do, but tells you how, in great depth, what you should be doing even though you know it’s going to fail?
- Working from home can be the most fantastic and rewarding of lifestyle choices, but you also have to roll with the downsides and put a lot of effort in.
- Your crucial, first step, is to work out what kind of work you are going to do from home.