How To Start A Blog [Ebook]
This Year, 2014, Blogging is 20.
We'd be lying if we say nothing has happened in the last 20 years since the idea of blogging came about, and below are some interesting stats to show just how powerful blogging has become over the years:
- 77% of Internet users read blogs
- 81% of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from blogs
- 79% of companies that have a blog report a positive ROI for inbound marketing in 2013
- Small businesses with blogs generate 126% more leads
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links
In terms of income generated, we're well aware of several blogs generating hundreds of thousands of dollars, and occasionally several millions of dollars every month.
Some notable blogs and their monthly income:
- The Huffington Post: $2,330,000
- Mashable: $560,000
- Perez Hilton: $450,000
- Techcrunch: $400,000
- Smashing Magazine: 190,000
- Timothy Sykes: $150,000
- Tuts Plus: $110,000
- Pat Flynn's Smart Passive Income: $80,000
- Venture Beat: $62,000
Not only can blogging help you earn a side income if you want to, but it can also actually replace your full income and quadruple it.
However, it's easy to focus on the good aspects of blogging and fail to realize a shocking fact; at least 95% of bloggers fail.
FirstSiteGuide's eBook Shows What it Takes to Really Succeed as a Blogger
If 95% of bloggers eventually fail, the real question is "what does it take to succeed as a blogger?"
In their new ebook titled "How to Start a Blog: The Beginner's Guide to Successful Blogging", Ogi Djuraskovic, Kristi Hines and the FirstSiteGuide team shares what it really takes to succeed as a blogger. The ebook is based on proven advice from 31 expert bloggers including the likes of Derek Sivers, C.C. Chapman, Alexis Grant and others.
Here are some interesting facts about the ebook and how it can be of help:
- It is only 58 pages; you probably don't want to spend days reading another massive ebook about blogging when you won't be able to remember what you read at the end of the day. At 58 pages, this ebook is not too long or too short; it is just what you need.
- It is perhaps the most practical ebook about blogging you will come across; from resources and exercises to help you research and validate your niche, resources to help you choose the right blogging platform and host, and resources to help you install and monetize your blog, this ebook is practical at every turn.
- It shows you what you really need and nothing else; blogging myths are debunked, and answers to most of your blogging concerns are probably shorter than you expect, because you'll only be given the information you need and nothing more.
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- We'd be lying if we say nothing has happened in the last 20 years since the idea of blogging came about.
- The majority of people no longer read hard copy materials and turn to the Internet for their sources.
- Most companies that have a blog report positive ROI.
- Small businesses generate more leads if they have a blog.
- Depending on blog popularity and methods of marketing and advertising, the potential to earn hundreds to thousands of dollars is there.