Temperature Monitoring for Food Industry [Infographic]
Read This Confession To Me
Temperature Monitoring Control in the Food Industry
Food temperature monitoring system is essential for all the food processing industries, because this system not only tells you on what temperature your food should be cooked and stored but also it indicates the safety temperature for food products. In the food industry, there are many processes of food manufacturing like cooking, chilling, freezing, preparing and storing. These temperature measurement systems are important for many industries and according to food safety law, all food products should be kept on a standard temperature to ensure food safety and to reduce food waste. It is important to store and cook the food at the right temperature for its good taste and safety. Through food monitoring systems we can record and store all the temperature data.
The Celsius System is one of the food temperature monitoring system manufactured by McQueen Cairns Technology. This machine is the first of its kind which measures and records the accurate temperature of wide varieties of food products. This passive microwave temperature measurement system maintains the quality of food product and is simple to operate and eradicates the risk of operator error as readings are stored automatically. It also reduces the waste and saves money by recording the equilibrium temperature of the product rather than the surface or core temperature.
This infographic revolves around food temperature monitoring and benefits of using Celsius machine.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Temperature Monitoring for Food Industry
Accurate, Non-destructive Temperature Measuring
Food manufacturing consists of several processes where quality of raw material, temperature, cooking time, and storage conditions influence the quality of the final product.
Food Manufacturing Process
All of these process involve temperature control in some form or the other which is essential for limiting the loss of quality of food, increasing safety for consumption (e.g. removing or stemming harmful microbiological activity) and also limiting the spoiling of the product.
Traditional Ways to Measure Food Temperature
Food thermometers are of different types and shapes depending upon the requirement.
- Thermocouple thermometers reach and display the final temperature within 2 to 5 seconds. The temperature is indicated on a digital display.
- Infrared technology, as well as more sophisticated infrared temperature measurement techniques, can make a big difference.
- Thermistor-style food thermometers use a resistor (a ceramic semiconductor bonded in the tip with temperature-sensitive epoxy) to measure temperature. The thickness of the probe is approximately 1/8 of an inch and takes roughly 10 seconds to register the temperature on the display.
Is Celsius System Better than Other Temperature Monitoring Devices?
The Celsius System has been proved to match the accuracies of other temperature monitoring devices such as temperature recording Probes, thermometers and infrared, however the system is non-evasive and more practical with measuring core temperatures with frozen products.
Does Celsius Machine Help in Maintaining Food Quality?
- The Celsius machine is the first of its kind, offering accurate and fast non-invasive temperature measurement for a wide variety of food products.
- It produces faster, consistent, and more accurate readings because the temperature measurement is not reliant on the positioning of a traditional thermal probe.
- Celsius system is an essential application in the food industry especially in the freezing and chilling processes.
Application of the Celsius System In Frozen Products and Freezing Processes
- It is well known that freezing is an excellent food preservative method as it stems the growth of bacteria and slows down the biochemical reactions which occur in the non-frozen food.
- Celsius System has been used extensively and employed successfully in the food industry for measuring the temperature of chilled food throughout the entire production process.
- The measuring system can track and record the temperature of a sample by date/stamping temperature and product details into its database.
- This is important in tracking the life and redistribution of the product, showing if the 5 day life span has been exceeded; which is crucial for the chilled product.
- The system's non-invasive measurement capabilities mean that chilled product can reaming in packaging and will not become contaminated; This in turn limits the waste.
- Overall the non-invasive measurement decreases the product's susceptibility to human error as well as the safety of food production and inherent quality is enhanced throughout the process while maintaining the record of all temperature changes, benign and malignant.
- However, to increase and maintain the food quality temperature control is important throughout the frozen food production cycle.
- The different temperatures throughout the process can also be measured and verified accurately with the help of Celsius System.
Benefits at a Glance
- Quality Assurance: Celsius System can become an integral part of quantified quality assurance in any food processing/production, distributing, storing, preparing, and catering operations.
- Non-invasive Checks and Record: The Celsius system can make non-invasive checks and record core and average temperatures of food batches when food is being frozen, chilled, heated, thawed, cooked, re-heated, as well as when it is being stored, portioned, redistributed, and other processes which lead to eventual consumption.
- Versatile: Celsius covers all product types and calculates all the temperature variations.
- Easy to use: Celsius removes human error and requires little skill to operate it.
- Accurate: +/ 0.2°C (0.36°F) readings in seconds.
- Non-Destructive: No product wastage and disposal costs.
- Reliable: Heavy duty design for 24/7 operation.
McQueen Cairns Technology
About the Author
Steve Collins is working as a Marketing Manager at McQueen Cairns Technology, a company which provides food temperature monitoring solutions. Apart from writing, he likes to share growth hacking tips to help small businesses in achieving their goals.
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- Food temperature monitoring system is essential for all the food processing industries, because this system not only tells you on what temperature your food should be cooked and stored but also it indicates the safety temperature for food products.
- In the food industry, there are many processes of food manufacturing like cooking, chilling, freezing, preparing and storing.
- These temperature measurement systems are important for many industries and according to food safety law, all food products should be kept on a standard temperature to ensure food safety and to reduce food waste.