Valentine’s Day 2016 [Infographic]
Read This Confession To Me
Happy Valentine's Day
As Valentine’s Day is very near so we, the team at I Got Crazy, thought of celebrating this most romantic day of the year in a special way with all.
- Do you know you can decode Your Valentine's Hidden Message with the number of roses?
- Can you name some famous lovers in history and literature?
- Do you know some interesting facts about Valentine’s Day?
- What are the health benefits of being in love?
With love in the air, there are many benefits to being in love, loving, and kissing. From the way it makes your love one feel, to the way it makes you feel, Valentine's Day is a day to honor, cherish, and love your significant other. As for the questions above, this infographic has the answers and much more to know this Valentine’s Day 2016.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Happy Valentine's Day 2016
February 14th Every Year
What is Valentine's Day?
- Valentine's Day is also known as Saint Valentine's Day or the Feat of Saint Valentine
- This day is name for a Christian martyr and dates back to the 5th century, but has origins in the Roman Holiday Lupercalia
Decode Your Valentine's Day Hidden Message
1 Rose: Love at first sight, or years later, "you are still the one."
2 Rose: Mutual love and affection
3 Rose: The traditional three-month anniversary gift also simply means "I love you."
6 Rose: Infatuation, or "I want to be yours."
9 Rose: I want to be with you forever.
10 Rose: A perfect 10 means "you are perfection."
12 Rose: Be mine.
21 Rose: I am dedicated to you.
24 Rose: If one dozen says "be mine," two dozen says, "I'm yours"
40 Rose: My love for you is genuine
Random Facts about Valentine's Day
- A red rose was the favourite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love
- King Henry VII officially declared 14 February the Holiday of St. Valentine's Day in 1537
- Richard Cadbury was the person who invested Valentine's Day candy box in the late 1800s.
- The first letter which was sent on Valentine's Day was from the prison
- Sumerians wrote the first love poem
- Worldwide, over 50 million roses are given for Valentine's Day each year
- Every year around 1000 letters are sent to 'Juliet' in the Italian city of Verona where Romeo and Juliet was set
- In Japan the men receive more chocolates than women for Valentine's Day
- Men buy most of the millions of boxes of candy and bouquets of flowers given on Valentine's Day
Most Famous Lovers In History and Literature
Romeo and Juliet - This is probably the most famous lovers ever. This couple has become a synonym for love itself. Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy by William Shakespeare.
Paris and Helena - Recounted in Homer's Illiad, the story of Helen of Troy and the Trojan War is a Greek heroic legend, combining fact and fiction.
Orpheus and Eurydice - Orpheus and Eurydice is an Ancient Greek tale of desperate love.
Eloise and Abelard - This is a story of a monk and a nun whose love letters became famous.
Salim and Anarkali - The son of the great Mughal Emperor Akbar, Salim fell in love with an ordinary but beautiful courtesan Anarkali.
Shah Jahan and Mumtax Mahal - A teenage girl, Arjuman Banu, married 15 year-old Shah Jahan, ruler of the Mughal Empire. Renamed Mumtax Muahal after Mumtaz died in 1629, the grieving Emporor resolved to create a fitting monument. It took 20,000 workers and 1,000 elephants nearly 20 years to complete this monument - the Taj Mahal.
Marie and Pierre Curie - This story is about partners in love and science.
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert - This love story is about English royalty who mourned her husband's death for 40 years.
Valentine's Day sales in the United States in 2014 and 2015, by category (in milion U.S. dollars)
- Dining Out
- 2014: 9,452.4
- 2015: 9,858.9
- 2014: 2,058.4
- 2015: 2,120.2
- Romantic Gateways
- 2014: 2,550.6
- 2015: 2,615.7
- 2014: 1,799
- 2015: 1,837.7
- 2014: 1,517.3
- 2015: 1,602.3
- Clothing and Lingerie
- 2014: 1,290
- 2015: 1,315.8
- Greeting Cards
- 2014: 190.2
- 2015: 193.1
Famous Weddings on 14th February
2009 Actress Salma Hayek weds French billionaire and PPR CEO Francois-Henri Pinault.
2013 Wedding planner to the stars Preston Bailey weds Theo Bleckmann.
2015 Actor Benedict Cumberbatch weds Opera director Sophie Hunter.
Health Benefits of Being In Love
- Makes you look and feel younger
- Make your hair shiny
- Reduces stress
- Makes your eyes sparkle
- Makes you more generous, which, in turn, makes you happier
Health Benefits of Kissing
- Fight cavities
- Lowers blood pressure
- Boosts your immunity
- Gives you a facelift
- Boost self-esteem
- Burns calories
- Lowers stress
- Natural pain relief
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- With love in the air, there are many benefits to being in love, loving, and kissing.
- From the way it makes your love one feel, to the way it makes you feel, Valentine's Day is a day to honor, cherish, and love your significant other.