The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
How To Sell Your House
When people want to sell their houses, depending on what stage of the selling process they are on, it’s very difficult to find a method of selling that will work best for you. Why is that? Well, that’s because there are too many options for selling houses, especially in today’s growing real estate market.
Based on the reason you want to sell house fast for, you have a number of options to choose from. But before we go deeper into listing those options, let’s discuss some of the main reasons for selling.
Why Are You Selling?
Living in a certain house makes you accustomed and emotionally tied to that place. So why would people want to sell their home? According to Statista, 614,000 houses were sold in the US in 2017. And the number is still growing.
People may sell their houses for various reasons:
- Tired of the existing environment in need of something new,
- Corporate relocation, working in a different area, new job,
- Emotional trauma associated with the house,
- Not affording mortgage anymore, and so on and so forth.
You may have different reasons to sell your house, and you have as many options of selling to choose from. Which is why you should familiarize yourself with them and see which one suits your circumstances best.
What Are Some of the Ways to Sell House Fast?
As mentioned before, there are a lot of ways you can sell your house faster, with less hassle and with top dollar. But you need to weigh down the pros and cons of all of them to see which one is best to use in your particular case. So we’ll just mention a couple of them:
- Sell house for cash
- Selling your house for cash means, first of all, selling quite fast. Most cash buyers usually buy the houses in “as-is” conditions, meaning that you will not have to make major and costly changes on your house before selling.
- Faster closing time,
- Cash offer at hand,
- No renovations needed.
- House auction selling
- This method of selling is different from all other methods because you can also present your house to an international audience through marketing and bidding strategies. Most houses at the house auctions can be sold in “as-is” conditions as well, once again making the process easier and less costly for you. You can still get a great deal while selling through an auction, but you can also sometimes get a little less due to the nature of this selling method.
- Sell to an independent house investor
- Wondering what’s the fastest and the safest way to sell your house is out of all the mentioned ones? Selling to an independent house investor can definitely be a leader in the chart. This is simply because independent investors buy houses for good cash offers and don’t require any additional changes made to the house. This method is also beneficial for the seller since it takes less closing time than other options and is safer.
Selling a house is already a hassle by itself, which only means that you don’t need any additional last-minute surprises on your shoulders while selling. Identify the reason for selling your house, weigh down the pros and cons of each selling option, and then choose the one option that is more advantageous for your particular situation. And that’s it, you are good to go.
About the Author
David Markette is a San Antonio based real estate investor. He loves helping people find their best option for selling their homes and loves writing about it.