The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Group messaging “feelings like a part time job” according to 42% of Americans
Whether it’s family discussions or casual banter among friends, group chats have woven their way into our daily routines.
Secure Data Recovery surveyed 1,000+ Americans about their experiences and attitudes toward group messaging and found most struggle to keep up.
- 52% of respondents say it’s difficult to keep up with group chat messages.
- 1 in 5 feel the need to respond to every group message.
- Americans spend 26 minutes on an average day responding to or reading group messages.
- A large majority (75%) have muted an annoying group message thread. 55% have left a group chat altogether.
- TikToks are the most overshared type of media in group chats.
Take a look at the full report and let me know if you can use any of the data for a story.