The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
In order to find out how Americans have adjusted their vacation plans during COVID-19, IPX 1031 recently surveyed more than 2,000 people from across the country who have either taken a vacation this year or plan to do so.
Here’s what they found:
- Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation since COVID-19 began. 62% of those regret taking their vacation due to limitations on their trip.
- Only 20% of Americans say they are planning on taking a vacation this year. 64% don’t feel safe flying and 33% say they won’t fly until there is a vaccine.
- Of those who have vacationed, 70% changed their destination, 81% avoided large cities and 76% monitored COVID-19 cases in the area before traveling.
- The most popular domestic travel destinations during COVID-19: 1. California 2. Florida 3. New York 4. Texas 5. Nevada.
- 49% of respondents said they would be more likely to take a vacation (or another vacation) if a second stimulus check is issued this year.
Take a look at the full report and let me know if this is something you can use for a story?