The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Study: The Most Marketable Second Languages For Job Seekers
A new study revealed that learning a second language can positively impact your professional opportunities and earning potential.
- Spanish is the most marketable language by far, with 76% of all job postings analyzed requesting the language.
- Spanish was followed by Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), and French (including French Canadian).
- The jobs that most often require a second language:
- Customer service representative
- Call center representative
- The industries that most often request a second language:
- The majority of jobs that prefer or require a second language were remote.