The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
As local coronavirus guidelines change, many stadiums will begin to reopen their doors to sports fans in 2021.
TN Bets recently analyzed the cost to attend a game for all major sports leagues including the MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL to determine the most expensive stadiums to watch a sports game in 2021. Costs were based on one general admission ticket, two beers, a hot dog and the cost of parking.
Here’s what they found:
- The New York Knicks are home to the priciest ticket in American sports. An average Knicks game will cost fans $260.38, and that’s not even for floor seats!
- The cost to attend an NFL game is by far the most expensive among all four leagues. In fact, the cheapest team to watch live is the Cincinnati Bengals ($105.69), the most expensive is the Las Vegas Raiders ($236.97) and the league average is $157.07.
- The NBA is the second most expensive league in terms of attending a game. On average, the cost to watch an NBA game is $120.13.
- The NHL is the third most expensive league. On average, the cost to watch an NHL game is $114.47.
- MLB is the most budget-friendly fan experience, with an average cost of $67.39 to attend a game.
- 37% of sports fan believe it will be the end of 2021 before full stadium attendance returns, while another 21% feel it won’t fully return until 2022.
Take a look at the full report.