The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
The Money Love Language
Sticking to a budget is hard. Whether you are saving up for a new home, or even a new pair of shoes you have been eyeing for a while, it’s sometimes hard to reach that goal.
By now, the majority of people know about the famous relationship guru, Gary Champman, who created the five love languages and how to navigate them. Oddly enough, these love languages have more to say than just how you like to show your love for one another. It also has something to say about how you like to spend your money.
The five categories in which the majority of people prefer to express and receive love are:
- Acts of Service: Any action carried out to help someone else.
- Quality Time: Setting aside time to spend together without any interruptions or distractions.
- Physical Touch: Being physically close to reinforce your connection to one another.
- Words of Affirmation: Verbal or written statements that ensure your love and appreciation for one another.
- Receiving Gifts: Tangible and thoughtful proof of your love and support.
Whether you are thinking about making a big investment, or simply ready to take the leap of moving in with your partner, this flowchart may have a couple of financial pointers to making money decisions.
About the Author
Kayla Montgomery is a digital content marketer who helps Mint create helpful and compelling stories worth sharing. Her background in digital marketing and creative writing has led her to cover unique topics ranging from business to lifestyle. In her spare time, she enjoys working out, writing for her own blog, traveling, and exploring all the in’s and out’s Austin, TX has to offer. To learn more, connect with Emily on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kayla-s-montgomery/
Own Your Copy Today!