The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Days off work are essential, no matter where in the world you are.
Here’s a preview of 7 key stats:
Own Your Copy Today!
- The USA is the only advanced economy that does not guarantee any paid vacation.
- Cambodia, Iran and Vietnam have the most public holidays each year – with 27 days in total.
- Bahrain offers the most annual paid leave and public holidays, with 49 paid days off in total.
- Latvian mothers can take 658 days of paid maternity leave – more than any other country.
- Poland offers the most parental leave, with 1,792 days (728 paid days and 1,064 unpaid days).
- Men in Kazakhstan can have the most unpaid time off, with 1,116 days.
- Mongolia provides the most paid time off for women, at 3,061 days.
Use the toggle buttons on the left of the map to refine the results by paid/unpaid leave and gender for parental leave, maternity/paternity leave, sick leave, public holidays and vacation days.