The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Facebook Advertising Strategies For Success
Whether you like it or not, advertising is an unavoidable and very important part of our consumer society.
An advert provides a brand with a platform to present a service or product to their specific audience.
It has since grown to mean much more than that, allowing advertisers, brands and creatives to not only sell a service, but to present something more meaningful.
A great example of this is the recent video released by the Dutch lager Heineken. Following the terribly received Pepsi advert featuring Kendall Jenner, Heineken created an intelligent and thought provoking video about finding common ground with people we might otherwise disagree with.
You can take a look at the video in this article from the Metro. This is more than just a beer advert because it attempts to tackle bigger issues than simply selling an alcoholic beverage.
Providing different approaches to advertising such as this are vital in a day and age where businesses are looking to stand out from the crowd on a number of different platforms.
We don’t just have to worry about paying for a ad in print or a TV spot, there’s the whole internet to consider.
Social media platforms have become very important for advertisers in every industry in recent years. There are two reasons for this.
The first is that there is a staggeringly large audience awaiting your potential advert. For example, as of 2016, there are now more than 1.86 billion monthly users of Facebook alone, according to Statista.
Secondly, because there are so many people on social media, more niche businesses are able to find a sizeable audience relatively quickly.
However, the one issue facing those who attempt to use social media advertising is the competition. Now everyone is taking to social media to promote their product, particularly on Facebook because of its substantial audience.
There are many different advertising options and strategies on Facebook and without proper guidance, it is relatively easy to lose a lot of money without seeing any real returns.
Thankfully, a new infographic from Pilot Fish Media looks to aid even the least Facebook savvy amongst us.
It’s called ‘9 Top Tips For Facebook Advertising Success’ and you can take a look for yourself below.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
9 TOP TIPS FOR FACEBOOK ADVERTISING SUCCESS
With so many options for social media advertising nowadays, its no wonder so many people do not have a clue where to start! With Facebook being not only the largest social media platform, but its advertising offering gives businesses such a wide variety of options and has become the platform of choice.
But with so many companies using Facebook advertising, it is sometimes difficult for your campaign to stand out from the crowd and cut through this noise. So many brands end up wasting resources on Facebook advertising by not optimising their campaigns and not having a clear strategy.
In order to get ahead of the crowd, we have put together some of the top tips for Facebook Advertising and how this can help your business.
- Set clear objectives of what you are trying to achieve e.g. increase sales, generate leads, create brand awareness.
- Agree KPIs that are in line with your objective and what success looks like to you.
- Break the campaign down into stages so that it can be executed in a timely fashion.
- Analyse your target market – who will be most interested in your product/offering.
- Research competitors and top influencers and use them in your targeting.
- Localise advertising so that your spend is as efficient as possible.
- Try to time your Ad campaign around your offline activity to increase awareness and reach.
- Short, quick burst campaigns allow for intense activity to create a buzz around your campaign.
- Focus on time periods when users are most active – usually weekends, evenings, and mornings.
- 3 Second rule: Have a clear CTA so that users immediately know who you are and what you are offering.
- 20% Text rule: make sure that your creative complies with Facebook’s advertising rules otherwise this will drastically affect your reach.
- Be innovative: make use of Facebook’s variety of creative options to create content that suits your objective – use Facebook Collections for e-commerce or Carousel ads to showcase a variety of products.
- What incentive is there for a user to click on your advert? Is there a specific offer for new customers or a seasonal offer you currently have running?
- What are the benefits for users using your service?
- Create exclusive social media incentives for users to unlock offers.
- Experiment with different audience targeting sets to see which is most effective.
- Test where you aer sending users to – is your landing page as effective as it could be with clear CTAs and smooth customer experience?
- Check Facebook’s relevancy score to determine if your campaign is applicable to your targeting.
- This is a tool which allows you to track what users do when they leave Facebook and the actions they take on your designated landing page.
- This will give you a 360° view of the success of your ad and when paired with Google Analytics you can see what is working and what needs to be improved.
- Utilise your current database to retarget users on Facebook with new offers or membership awards.
- This allows you to target ‘warm’ leads on consumers who have already interacted with your brand.
- You can segment your database and offer them dynamic content that directly applies to their purchasing habits.
- Once your campaign is complete, analyse the data in detail and compare this to your original KPIs.
- Break your campaign down – and identify your weak points as well as what worked well.
- Take your findings and review how you would improve your Facebook advertising in the future.
Own Your Copy Today!
BROUGHT TO YOU BY PILOTFISH MEDIA