Matt Zajechowski https://www.opploans.com 1m 146
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Americans’ financial health is often measured by benchmarks such as debt, savings, spending habits, and the ability to pay their monthly bills.
OppLoans surveyed 1,100 Americans across the country to learn more about their current financial situation, including how it’s been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Half of respondents are currently in debt, and 52% of those in debt say their debt is not manageable.
- Nearly 2 in 5 are living paycheck-to-paycheck and nearly half said they can’t pay their bills on time.
- 73% of respondents don’t have a budget that is regularly followed.
- Top financial stressors: 1. Paying bills 2. Debt 3. Having enough savings 4. Having enough food 5. Paying mortgage or rent.
- Looking ahead to 2022, Americans still plan to incur debt, mostly from credit cards and personal loans. Despite that, many remain optimistic with more than 2 in 5 expecting their finances to improve this year.
Take a look at the full report.