Jane Macaballug https://www.homecity.com 2m 338
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
In today’s world, eco-friendly homes are becoming increasingly popular. And for good reason! Building an environmentally friendly building has various benefits, including cost-efficiency, free and low carbon emissions.
Are you also making efforts to transform your house into a green building? Read on to learn the top 10 easiest ways to go greener at home.
Create and manage a green home to ensure a positive atmosphere:
- Switch halogen light bulbs with energy-efficient LED ones
- Buy an inexpensive reusable bottle instead of purchasing multiple plastic ones
- Instead of using disposable bags opt for recyclable bags
- Invest in biodegradable insulation
- Line dry your laundry
- Paint your home with zero VOC paints to enhance the indoor air quality
- Switch off lights and fans when not in use
- Air dry your clothes
- Replace paper towels with cloth napkins
- Always unplug unused chargers and appliances
Let’s discuss the benefits of investing in a greenhouse:
- Greenhouse buildings are typically energy and water-efficient that helps create a healthier, more sustainable environment
- Green buildings do not require frequent maintenance. As a result, you can save significant time and money
- When you choose healthy and natural materials like wind and solar panels instead of toxic and harmful materials, you can improve the quality of indoor air
Let’s take a closer look at the drawbacks of creating a green building:
- The upfront costs of creating a greenhouse and installing various technologies can take a toll on your wallet
- Although green buildings are all the hype these days, it’s still a relatively new idea. Thus, finding green materials can be quite difficult
- There are no specific cooling components in an eco-friendly house, since you rely on natural ventilation. This limited control over air quality can decrease your quality of life
In the infographic below by HomeCity, we further discuss the top 15 green ideas for eco-enthusiasts. Make eco-friendly changes in your life to create a positive impact on your environment.