The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Cardboard boxes have captured every industry. People use them every day. Therefore we have brought to you the comprehensive guide to the types of cardboard boxes and its usage.
Different Types of Cardboard Boxes:
Cardboard boxes are broadly classified into solid cardboard, rigid cardboard, and corrugated cardboard. Although, these boxes are made up of paper and are used in packaging supplies but are classified according to their significant structural strength and protection they provide.
- Rigid Cardboard Boxes:
These are studier boxes which do not flex, fall or collapse. They are often used for higher-end products where perceived value is important or are used when a product is heavy and needs extra support. These are used as hardbound book covers, shoe boxes, mobile phone boxes, and even puzzles.
- Solid Cardboard Boxes:
These are called as folding cartons. These are thin as compared to rigid cardboard boxes and also have smooth outer layer coating. These solid cardboard boxes are primarily used for retail packaging such as in packing cosmetics, cereals, food products, software CDs etc. These provide resistance to water.
- Corrugated Cardboard Boxes:
Corrugated cardboard boxes are commonly known as cardboard boxes. They are primarily used in shipping and packaging industry. This corrugated structure is what gives it strength, making it ideal for packaging and shipping items. Corrugated cardboard is of four types.
- Single Phase: It consists of one or two sheets of liner board. The flute is glued to the liner board. Single-phase corrugated are usually sold in the form of sheet rolls and are most commonly used to wrap around the product for protection or cushioning.
- Single-Wall: One sheet of the corrugated medium is glued between two sheets of the liner. Single-wall board is the most common type of board in the market and can be used for everything from shipping boxes to retail displays.
- Double-Wall: Two sheets of the corrugated medium are glued between three sheets of the liner. This board is commonly used for heavier products or products that require a stronger box for shipping.
- Triple-Wall: Three sheets of the corrugated medium are glued between four sheets of the liner. This board is the strongest out of all the board styles and is often used for industrial parts or produce bins.
Where to Buy These Cardboard Boxes?
To buy these cardboard boxes you can search online cardboard boxes near me you will find numerous options available on the internet. Apart from these, Packaging Midlands is a one-stop solution for all your cardboard boxes related requirements. They provide high-quality packaging material. You can buy cardboard boxes online on their website. They provide quality and reliable customer service.
Hope you had a good read. Stay tuned until next time.