The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Self Financial recently surveyed 2,600 U.S. residents to learn how they feel about their finances and also how honest they are with others when it comes to money.
Here’s what they found:
- Only 12% of Americans report being excellent at handling their finances.
- 75% of Americans lie about money at least some of the time.
- 46% of Americans have lied about how much something costs.
- 40% have hidden a purchase hoping their partner or family member wouldn’t notice.
- 15% of Americans have misled their partners about their debt.
Take a look at the full report.