The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
How Drones Are Changing The Construction Industry’s Future
Over the past few years, drones have outgrown their wider perception as a hobbyist’s pastime to become an exciting new solution within construction. Drones are providing a level of project monitoring and on-site safety that previously wasn’t possible in the infrastructure and construction markets. Could these flying cameras be revolutionising everything from workflow to land surveys?
- The USA is set to spend the most globally on commercial drones between 2017-2021, with an predicted spend of £12.2bn.
- The UK is set to spend £2.4bn on commercial drones from 2017-2021.
- Over 1/3 of commercial drone usage is focused on infrastructure (i.e. construction).
- Drones are being used for land surveys, building inspections, providing visual materials, monitoring on-site activities, security surveillance and mapping data.
We’ve looked into how drones are being used on construction sites, how they work and the global market for spending on commercial drones. Whilst also explaining the law and the anatomy of a commercial drone.
Take a look at the future of construction here: https://www.roof-stores.co.uk/blog/construction-drones/
Do you think this would be interesting for your readers?
Roof Stores can also provide an expert overview into the commercial drone market.
- Will your job soon be swarmed by drones? The industries utilising the latest technology
- How future construction methods are being shaped by drones
- Building by bots – Could construction be changed by drones?
- Find out which industries are leading the drone revolution
Below are the visuals stitched together in this infographic.
Click to open / Right-click for save options