Anonymous 4m 1,048 #experiences
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
In response to: Women Share The Female Experiences Men Never Have To Think About Or Deal With
Zoom call with a mother taking care of her kids vs. a father, though both parents may be roped into the same category on continuation of such activities. Definitely some very valid points in that article.
By the way, there are 17 mentions of the word “men” and 25 mentions of the word “women” in the article.
Here is the male version of what women will never have to worry about or understand:
1. Don’t cry, show, or overshare your emotions or feelings. It’ll be used against you. Or your “true self” will be seen and maybe it’s not as manly as everyone thought. That’ll destroy a reputation.
2. Try practicing chivalry in society like your mother taught you and women think you want to sleep with them. I assure you… sometimes you really just aren’t our type. It’s even worse when you’re made to fear that every woman thinks you’re a predator and trying to sleep with her or worse, rape her. (I am a firm believer that any man that has been CONVICTED of rape and PROVEN BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT deserves castration.)
3. Treat her like a human being and you’re too nice. Treat her like you don’t care and you may be an asshole, but that might have gotten you a chance with her because she’s definitely interested in obtaining the unobtainable.. be the guy who is available for her — which is what she wants — and you’ve lost your chance with her.
4. “All women” is a general term. You’re all different. None of you are the same. I can imagine how offended you’d get if we just said, “all women don’t like to cook, all women are insane.” Yet, “you all” enjoy a good man-bashing, right? “All men” are not “all men”. We’re all different too. Except most of us don’t take any joy in bashing an entire gender and roping you all in despite seeing that most of you are actually “quite the same.” Chad. Brad. Tom. Mark. Mike. Jake. Joe. All these men have different personalities and were raised differently, just like you.
5. It’s been interesting growing up to see the results of what your mothers and grandmothers fought so hard for, and what you continue to fight for, a feminist society, in which you are equal among men, unless the ship is sinking or we have to go to war. Then if a man decides to save his life over yours, because he’s your equal, he’s not a man. But the great majority of men will probably try to save you over his own life. But, as women, you would never return the favor, because that’s the expectations of society, for men. Equality isn’t so equal when you actually expect more than your “equal counterpart”. Flash your boobs, get superior treatment. As a man, I know flashing my boobs will just get me thrown out. There are just some things that you have to accept in which we can never truly be equals. We men accepted it. You haven’t.
6. He loved you. He gave you his heart. He gave you everything you wanted. He married you. You had beautiful children together. Somewhere along the line, you both changed. Fights over sex or chores or whatever. Maybe it was you. Maybe it was him. But in the event of divorce, the State favors you, never him, and you’ll get just about everything and he’ll get nothing but the expectations of being the one who has to see his kids less and provide the child support checks. That’s all he’s good for now, right? It’s his fault the divorce happened. You’ll blame him and because you have the kids, everyone believes you. He’s the asshole. Your attitude and behavior had nothing to do with it, right? His feelings don’t matter at all. Only yours do. As long as those checks keep coming, he serves the only purpose he now has in your life.
7. If he told you the truth about himself right from the start, guaranteed you would’ve never given him a chance. He’s lucky to have even gotten the time of day with you.
8. Chris Rock has said it before… no one loves men. A man has to do many things for you in order for you to love him. In order for your family to love him. In order for his own family that he created with you to love him. All you had to do was be you in order for him and his family to love you.
Everyone loves what men can do for them. You have roads. You have houses. You have schools. You have farms. You have food. You have grocery stores. You have electricity. You have running water. Air conditioning. And heat. You have everyday life comforts where you don’t need to even leave the house and can write this very article complaining about men, yet.. without men building this infrastructure, you couldn’t do any of this. Hell, you even have the right to complain. Many men died so that could happen for you.
Women may have provided the assistance in doing all this, but men paved the way so you women could literally have everything you could ever want, everything you could ever need, everything you could dream of… why? Because a man wanted you to have it. Whether it was your father or your husband. Hell, even a man (Earl Haas) invented the tampon, which was later commercially produced by a woman (Gertrude Tendrich) using that very same design that has helped with your feminine hygiene.
This is just a short list of the many things men could complain about, but we don’t.. because it means nothing. You don’t care. We’ve accepted that. We live with it. We understand it. We just live our lives and go to work. Usually to make you happy. But you aren’t. And you never will be.
I’m not saying that you don’t have your fears and that there aren’t improvements in society that we still need to overcome… I’m just saying… life is pretty damn good for most modern-day women, in large part, because of men.
Read or don’t… both sides have their “experiences”.