The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Statistics and Facts About LinkedIn
LinkedIn has become one of the most important networking sites for professionals. On an international scale, 313 millions are using the website (and counting). So whether you’re looking for job or networking opportunities, as well as sales prospects for your business, products and services, you should enhance your profile and maximize your exposure on the website.
LinkedIn User Stats
- Average time a user can spend monthly on the site is 17 minutes
- 42% of their users update their profile regularly
- 1.5 million is the total group number in the site
- 39% of users pay for LinkedIn
Improve Your LinkedIn Experience Using These Tips
- Use a professional photo.
- Join up to 50 groups based on your industry. Find interesting groups based on your industry so that others will learn about you and your business.
- Post discussions in groups to position yourself as someone who is an authority in your industry. However, make sure that the discussion you’re posting is interesting for the group, not promotional. Finally, join threads and make other feel that you are part of the community.
- Get recommendations and endorsements. You can ask someone or your circles to recommend you. Also, you can recommend them, and then LinkedIn will ask them to do the same for you.
- Accept invites, but do not invite everyone. When inviting, invite those from your business area or from your city if you’re trying to build your business locally.
- Diversify your connections. You don’t have to network within the same age group, for instance.
- Last but not the least is to update your profile on a regular basis. If you have a new job, update it in your profile. If you need help with your LinkedIn profile, get help from a professional.
Own Your Copy Today!
Click to open / Right-click for save options
LinkedIn FACTS AND STATS
The History of LinkedIn
LinkedIn launch date May 5, 2003
Date LinkedIn went public May 19, 2011
LinekdIn’s reported user total goal: 3 billion
Total number of LinkedIn business pages: 3 million
300 million people use LinkedIn
Geographic reach of LinkedIn: 200 countries
64% of LinkedIn users are outside the USA
The LinkedIn redesign has boosted social interactions over 200% LinkedIn in Numbers
LinkedIn USER STATS
Average time a user spends monthly on LinkedIn
42% of users update their profile regularly
35% of LinkedIn users access the site dialy
39% of users pay for LinkedIn
1.5 million total number of LinkedIn groups
INTERSTING LinkedIn FACTS
11X increase in LinkedIn views by including a photo
1 out 3 professionals on the planet are on LinkedIn
Mashable Company page with the most engaged following
200 Conversions per minute occurring in LinkedIn groups
41% Percentage of LinkedIn Visits via Mobile
1 in 20 LinkedIn profiles belong to Recruiters
BEST LinkedIn Company Pages 2013
Adobe Marketing Cloud
AppleOne Employment Services
Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts
Marketplace Home Mortgage