Making Your House Ready for Sale [Infographic]
Preparing Your House For Sale
Our house is one of the most expensive assets that we own, so it makes perfect sense to spend some time, and money, to get our house in shape for selling. Often referred as ‘home staging’, it can have a big impact on your house sale. Our infographic ‘Making your house ready for sale’ will help you with the home staging, and answer a very important question ‘how to stage your home?’
According to statistics, staged homes spend 83% less time in the market than the non-staged ones. It also looks better in photos, which helps when it comes to internet listings. The infographic covers 6 points each representing different parts of the house.
- Kitchen and Living room:
- Clean, declutter, and maximize space: Removing any unnecessary and bulky furniture to maximize spaces. Make sure your house is pet free.
- Depersonalize: Remove family snaps and heirlooms. This helps buyers visualize the house as theirs and not yours.
- Clean everything: Get rid of mould & calcium residue. Wash, dry and replace exhaust fan covers.
- Replace: Place a new rug next to the shower.
- Shoe racks: Keep shoes and jackets tidy, and remove anything that is not functional.
- Front garden:
- Tidy up your front garden: Paint the front door, clean the windows, remove rubbish from the pavement in front of the property.
- Back Garden:
- Check what looks good in your back yard, you can opt for some patio furniture, potted plants, and some outdoor lighting to make it look fresh and exciting.
- Make your bed the focal point of the room. Spruce your bed up with new bedding, and some cushions and a throw.
We hope you like our infographic, and it helps you sell your house quickly.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
MAKING YOUR HOUSE READY FOR SALE
Your house is, hopefully, your most expensive asset. So it makes sense to spend a little bit of time, and sometimes even money, to get it in the best shape for selling. This is often referred to as 'home staging' and it can have a big impact on the speed and profitability of your house sale.
HOW TO STAGE YOUR HOME
Why staging your home could pay-off
Staged homes spend 83% less time on the market than non-staged homes.
Home staging provides, on average, an ROI of 586%
A staged home will look better in photos and therefore on Internet listings
Clean, declutter & maximize space
Removing any unecessary and bulky furniture maximises space. If you're not keeping something, get rid of it before you move. Make sure your house is pet (and pet hair and smell) free!
Remove family snaps & heirloooms
This helps buyer's visualise the house as theirs not yours
Furniture, Pillows, and Cushions
Group furniture into arrangements that inspire conversation.
Use matching cushions to add colour and style
Windows and Mirrors
Install bright lightbulbs and plug in lamps to illuminate dark corners
Artful placement of mirrors adds depth and dimension
Plants breathe life, bringing the outdoors inside
Only have brand new and stylish and matching kitchen items on display
Remove all jars and bottles to maximize your space
Make small improvements (new cupboard handles and shiny new faucets)
Get rid of mould & calcium
Wash, dry, and replace exhaust fan covers
Place a new rug next to shower
Make it luxury
Expensive toiletries ooze class and sophistication
Give your bathroom that spa feel by showing off expensive toiletries
Carefully fold new (and fluffy towels)
Keep shoes and jackets tidy, remove anything that isn't functional
4. Front garden
Tidy up your front garden
Paint your front doors
Clean your windows
Remove rubbish from the pavement in front of your property
5. Back garden
What looks good in your backyard
Make your bed the focal point of the room
Ideally the person should be able to walk by each side of the bed
Spruce your bed up with new bedding, some cushions, and a throw
Organise closets to impress snooping buyers
7. Must-buy home staging accessories
Rugs, fruits, and flowers
Large deep rugs can add warmth. Statement rugs can emphasize space, add colour, and look chic. Fruits are a stylish way to add colour and a feeling of freshness.
Brought to you by: the Rug Seller.
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- Our house is one of the most expensive assets that we own.
- So it makes perfect sense to spend some time, and money, to get our house in shape for selling.
- Often referred as ‘home staging’, it can have a big impact on your house sale.
- Our infographic ‘Making your house ready for sale’ will help you with the home staging, and answer a very important question ‘how to stage your home?’