The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
In business, time is money and that’s why it should be a priority to look for and encourage money-saving and time-saving opportunities for your small business or non-profit organization.
Ways that printing is eating into your profits:
- Paper forms cost businesses $120 billion annually.
- Aside from printer paper, there are additional expenses associated with forms and other office documents including toner, ink and service calls.
- Lacking reliable technology can result in employee frustration, high turnover rates and all the expenses that go into hiring replacement employees.
Reasons you should digitize your office documents:
- Employees spend as much as 25% of their day searching for filed, printed information.
- Instead of spending time generating the same information for different clients, digitization and automation can free as much as three hours of one employee’s day.
- Digitized office software can decrease the time needed to coordinate employee schedules, client bookings and patient appointment reminders.
- Automation can help standardize the types of information collected, ensuring required fields won’t be overlooked and work won’t need to be redone.
- Digitizing your office forms and work documents could save you not only time, but also money on all the expenses associated with printing those documents. See the accompanying resource for more information.
Additional reasons can be found in the infographic below: