Sandra Rodgers 2m 539 #mobile
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Mobile Use At Work
There are many different professions in the world. Their number is unknown and unstable, considering how many new professions show up or current ones cease to exist. No matter what occupation you have, you probably deal with a lot of documents on a daily basis. That’s inevitable part of every work and it can sometimes take much time. Luckily, there is a way to fulfill some of these tasks on the go, while travelling to or from work or waiting a friend who is late.
You can use your mobile phone to complete some of the work-related tasks while you are away from the office. By doing so you will save much time plus you will show to your boss or clients how responsive and responsible you are. If you haven’t relied on your mobile device before, here are five most common situations when you can definitely do that.
Own Your Copy Today!
- A client asked for an invoice and you are not in the office. If you don’t want to have a client waiting, you can use one of those invoice generator apps that offer prepared invoice templates. You just need to fill in the details and the app will generate the invoice document from that info. Invoice app example: Invoice app by Wave
- You need to edit a PDF document urgently and you are away from your computer. For instance, you received a PDF document (any kind of legal paper, financial statement, resume etc.) and you need to make some corrections. Again, you can use mobile phone to edit the document. There are PDF conversion apps that convert PDF files to Word or other editable formats. PDF converter app example: PDF to Word Converter
- A colleague of yours need some feedback from you and that is pretty urgent. Once more, you can use your smartphone and be a team player. There are plenty of team collaboration apps you can use on the mobile phone and work together with your colleague, even if you are far away. You can access the same document and leave notes to your colleague. Online collaboration app example: Google Drive
- Working days can be pretty messy and it may happen you forget something, like a deadline, a scheduled meeting or to respond to a client’s email. That’s why you can rely again on your phone and download one of those apps that work like reminders. You can set up alerts and alarms, and the app will remind you any time you have an appointment, a meeting or the deadline. Reminder app example: Alarmed
- If you are dealing with project management or any kind of management, you know how important it is to communicate with the team and to track the progress of their work. You can find many project management apps that make your communication with the team easier, organizing group discussions, managing your team’s tasks. Project management app example: Flow Tasks
These are some of the most common situations that every one of you have probably experienced at work. As you can see, mobile phones can make your work life easier by completing tasks on the go and staying on the top of of the things.