Tane Clarke https://www.halfprice.com.au 4m 1,047
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
How To Clean Your House Quickly
Cleaning a house in its entirety doesn’t always need a full day’s work. Sure, if you want every speck of dust removed it likely will take that but in an hour, you can get the majority of the work done – you just need to be a bit methodical. This infographic from Half Price takes you through what you can accomplish in an hour of cleaning.
Often, we simply don’t have the time to spend a whole day cleaning. We may have guests due over in the afternoon and in this situation, you just want to hit the most important areas to clean.
If you like your music, it’s generally a good idea to get a good playlist going for duration of the clean as it can make it a lot less boring. Also, get into some old clothes and comfy trainers as cleaning at speed can be a good workout.
It’s really about spreading your time evenly between all of the rooms. Don’t worry about cleaning little corners, just cover anything that is noticeably in need of cleaning. Little tips such as spreading baking soda in the bowl in the bathrooms is a great idea and can help you on your way.
Also, remember that cleaning is also important to create a healthier home. A dirty home can actually increase your chances of getting sick. A cluttered home is also the enemy of productivity and it’s hard to get things done in the house if it’s dirty. Try to clean on a regular basis if possible.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Clean your house in less than an hour
Sometimes you don’t have enough time to clean your house thoroughly. You work long hours and simply can’t get around to household tasks that seem to keep piling up. Learn how to get a clean house quickly Now!
The tools you need
- Some people like to put on a good playlist to keep them motivated. Music makes cleaning a lot less boring!
- Time to get into your cleaning gear-Old comfy clothes and trainers!
- Cleaning fast is also a bit of a workout and you really will be working up a sweat.
- Gather all your supplies in a special cleaners caddy if possible or just use a bucket for everything.
- This allows you to carry your supplies wherever you go.
- You also need a laundry basket for all ‘items that don’t belong here’ as you go about your cleaning.
Set the timer-hit start on your timer and you’re off!
The countdown is on!
The kitchen (60:00-50:00)
- poor 1 cm vinegar into a cup and top with 1 cm of water. Put into microwave and cook for about 90 seconds. Leave for now.
- Put any items that don’t belong in the kitchen in the laundry basket.
- Fill and turn on dishwasher; wash and put away any remaining dishes in the sink.
- Sprayed the bench tops and draining board with an all purpose cleaner and then wipe down.
- Spray the stove top with the appropriate cleaning product and wipe down. Don’t forget to clean the stove controls.
- Back to the cup of vinegar! Take it out of the microwave (wash and dry the mug!) and you will find that the steam from the vinegar has lifted any gunk in the microwave nicely, so it now just needs a quick wipe.
The living room/dining room (49:59-40:00)
- grab your laundry basket and make a dash for the living areas.
- put anything from your laundry basket that belongs in the living room areas away and gather anything that doesn’t belong in the living areas and put it in the basket.
- Dust the whole room-especially around the TV and other electronics as they tend to gather dust more quickly-then wipe all surfaces.
The bedrooms (39:59-30:00)
For each bedroom
- take your basket along with you and put away anything that belongs in the bedrooms. Add anything that doesn’t belong to the basket.
- Pick and reassign anything that is not in the right place, remembering to check under the beds.
- dust off surfaces and give them a quick wipe-down.
- spray mirrors with window cleaner and polish with soft cloth.
- strip the bed, lift and turn the mattress open front to see dust the bed base while mattress is lifted) and remake the bed.
The bathrooms (29:59-15:00)
For each bathroom
- sprayed the sink, vanity, shower, and tub with an all-purpose spray and let it sit for a while.
- spread some baking soda into the bowl (great for cleaning toilets). Give it a good scrub with toilet brush and then flush.
- then, spray on microfiber cloth with all purpose cleaner and wipe down the outside of the toilet and tank.
- Go back to the sink and wipe the counter, vanity, fixtures, and handles.
- Wipe down the shower and tub with a damp and cloth and be on your way.
Finishing up > > > 14:59-00:00
- put any item still remaining in your laundry basket away.
- give the whole house a quick vacuum-hard floors, carpet, the lot. No need to worry too much about corners just do a quick run-through
- quickly spray and wipe any windows that are obviously dirty around the house.
- Make yourself a cup of coffee, relax, and enjoy your cleaner home!
Benefits of a clean home
A healthier family
- Try to make cleaning more regular as it will significantly lower the potential for sickness and create a healthier home overall.
- clutter is the enemy of productivity and trying to get work done in a messy home is it close to impossible.
- when you’re stressed a dirty home can add to the anxiety and frustration you’re already feeling.
- A clean home can help you to relax.
More chance to have guests
- having family and friends over when the house is a mess can be very embarrassing.
- no need to have your house sparkling, but a little bit of cleaning everyday will make your home looks so much better.
Sense of accomplishment
- just looking at your clean and tidy home will give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside
- it’s always nice to feel you’ve achieved something with your day.