Morgan Johnes http://www.tenancyclean.co.uk 3m 791
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Corporate events and team building in particular is considered to be a means that focuses on the effectiveness of a teamwork and help the superiors manage this effectiveness. Do not try to dispute this thesis. Accept it and try to apply it in your work from now on, whenever you are organizing a team building training or are taking a part in one.
You may not like the overall idea of team buildings and corporate events as a whole, but the concept of the team building process is a common assumption in the world of management, business and human resources and has been analysed over and over again in order to provide managers with more clarity of the goals and opportunities that a process such as this one provides them with.
And now, let’s see what the possibilities of team building trainings are, especially when it comes to sharing experience between the younger employees in the company and the so-called experts. And when we talk about the possibilities of team building trainings, we mean mostly the results and the benefits that such a training can provide both the participants, the company and the people who organize the training itself – the human resource specialists. The opportunities (the results and benefits) of corporate events trainings are embedded in the managerial context of team building. When the team building training is designed and implemented as a certain management technique, it works perfectly, which means that it brings the results desired and the benefits you have been looking for.
That is why everything starts from the concept of effective teamwork.
The conventional (traditional) idea of team building is associated with the understanding that improving the processes within a certain team (communication, decision making, implementation of purposes, leadership, etc.) is sufficient to improve overall teamwork and efficiency.
Therefore, the conventional team building training programs and other corporate events are aimed primarily at the external processes within the team. Of course, it is absolutely possible to make the team better when it comes to communication, decision making, and so on. However, this usually has only a temporary effect.
That is why you must be aware of the fact that besides communication solutions, leadership and performance, the efficiency of teamwork depends on some other important factors, which are: the relationships within the team, dealing with conflicts, personal and team motivation, the opportunities of professional and personal development, the process of determining the main goal of the team, cooperation and criticism.
So, how can a team building help youngsters to learn something useful from market experts? Do not forget that team building training is supposed to do:
- To identify the critical areas of team effectiveness
- This means that the corporate event should make it clear to all participants which one of the factors of team effectiveness are in a critical condition and how this affects the effectiveness of teamwork.
- What youngsters may learn from the more experienced employees in this case is how to deal with stress and other factors that may have an influence over the status of overall team performance and efficiency.
- Team buildings and corporate events are supposed to indicate whether the team has the necessary behaviour in order to work as a team in terms of mutual dependence and complementarity
- That is the reason why the younger employees may learn something more about the internal hierarchical structure of the company and learn how to be more disciplined when working the authority of a superior. And this, on the other hand, will help them become more resistant to criticism.
- The team buildings are also supposed to show how the environment (the organizational goals, structure, culture, management systems, etc.) is appropriate and promotes teamwork rather than individual and group work
- This will lead to making a reliable and valid audit of the environment and will highlight some gaps and critical areas. On the other hand, the company goals are very likely to become not only a common goal but also a personal one by giving the youngsters the opportunity of working with some of the best market experts of the company.
Some of the other aspects youngsters may start working on by learning from the superiors are:
- increasing the overall empathy in the team;
- increasing the customer and employee satisfaction and trust in the company;
- increasing the the teamwork enthusiasm;
- improving the communication within the team;
- increasing the personal and team motivation as well as the team spirit;
- working in the conditions of interdependence.
Author the Author
Morgan Johnes is passionate freelance blogger and writer. He is keen on topics about business and education. He currently works as a manager of Kensal Green Tenancy Clean and he loves his job because he learns new things every day.
Own Your Copy Today!