Georgia Davies http://www.daffodilhotel.co.uk 3m 710 #wedding
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Wedding To Remember
It is all about picking the right alternative. It is all about choosing a simple thing which would make you stand out in the crowd. Here are a few alternatives thought by Daffodil Hotel and Spa depicted in an form of infographic.
- Why do you need to spend a lot of money on designer envelope? You can create your own customized designer envelopes simply by taking copies of a romantic picture of you and your special one and sticking it on the envelope.
- You need not spend thousands of dollars on choosing a fancy wedding card. You can create a message in the bottle style wedding card, where all you need in a glass bottle, cork and a paper with invitation. To add more style, you can add some shells, sand, rocks or other things that would match your venue.
- A lighting effect would take a large chunk of your money. You can create lighting effect by handing tea lights from a jam jar from the branches of a tree and have an outdoor wedding.
- Instead of spending a considerable amount of money on flowers, you can make a bouquet out of an old book.
- You can use bubbles as confetti or even dried herbs
Click to open / Right-click for save options
CRAFT A WEDDING TO REMEMBER
Adding small touches to your wedding with your own arts and craft skills can turn a memorable day into a magical event.
Creating a beautiful invitation
The wedding invitation is your first chance to add a personal touch to your special day. Let’s make a good first impression!
- PERSONAL ENVELOPE LINING
- Find a picture for your envelope’s lining.
- Trim the picture so it mirrors the shape of the flap.
- Glue the picture to the envelope.
- Leave to dry.
- MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
- Find your preferred style of bottle.
- Write/type your message.
- Roll up the message and tie with string or ribbon.
- Insert message into the bottle along with any other additions.
Adding magical decorations
- BUNTING: Personalized bunting can make any venue yours for the day.
- Decorate the card to suit you/venue.
- Punch holes into the card.
- Loop your rope through the cards making sure you have lots of excess at either end.
- Tie/pin the rope to a secure surface.
- LIGHTING: If you want your guests to spend some time outside, why don’t you use jar lighting to create a Midsummer Night’s Dream effect?
- Place tea lights into the jam jars.
- Find/buy some wire and cut into 40cm long pieces.
- Create a small loop about a third of the way along.
- Wrap the remaining wire around the jam jar.
- Twist the wire around each other at the opposite side of the jam jar to the loop.
- Trim one end of the wire with pliers.
- Make a handle shape with the remaining long end.
- Wrap the end of the handle around the loop and trim.
- BOOK PAGE FLOWERS: Is the bride a bit of a book worm?
- Find a book you never want to read again (obviously) and cut out 10 cm squares.
- Fold diagonally to make a triangle, then fold again into a smaller triangle.
- Then cut the triangle into a snow cone like shape and snip off the bottom by 1 cm.
- When you unfold the paper it should look like a flower.
- Next, cut 1 petal out of the first flower, then 2 petals out of the next flower and 3 petals out of the third.
- Pull the flower together and glue in place.
- Once dry, roll back the petals.
- Repeat with other flowers then stick them together.
- Largest on the outside to smallest in the middle.
- Now, glue a stalk of your choosing to the inside of the flower.
- Repeat these steps to create a full bouquet.
For your first steps as MAN & WIFE
- Confetti isn’t the only thing you can use to celebrate the ceremony… Why not use something more personal?
- PAPER AEROPLANES
- DRIED PETALS
Quirky wedding favours everyone will love
The key to a memorable wedding favour is making it relate to the theme of the wedding or to YOU!
Brought to you by:
THE DAFFODIL HOTEL & SPA BY THE LAKE, GRASMERE