The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Many Americans take pride in a “work hard, play hard” mentality, or at least we say we do.
Solitaired recently surveyed over 1,200 Americans who work classic desk jobs to learn more about employee productivity and the most common workplace distractions.
Some of the highlighted findings of the results were:
- The average American worker estimates they take 42 minutes of breaks each day…..they actually take 2.7 hours on average.
- 89% of workers think they take 60 minutes or less of breaks each day, only 9% do.
- Employers expect employees to take 43 minutes of breaks each day. Workers are on break 5x longer than their employers expect.
- The top ways Americans use their break time: 1. Biological needs 2. Entertainment 3. Thinking about things 4. Communicating with friends, family, partner 5. Communicating with colleagues.
- The top apps people use most at during work: 1. Texting/messaging 2. Personal email 3. Banking 4. Instagram 5. YouTube.
Take a look at the full report.