The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Thinking of starting an online blog, e-commerce store or other money making venture online? Not sure where to begin?
Before you do anything, take a look at the most basic – and often most important aspects to laying a firm foundation for your online hobby or business.
Learn how to:
- Choose a domain name
- Set up a hosting account and,
- Find the right software or platform for e-commerce and blogging.
Understand the importance of a merchant facility so people can pay you online and how to develop a website for almost any small business enterprise – no matter how big or small.
- Why you should pay for web hosting and,
- How much you should expect to pay.
Discover the importance of having a plan of action so you can choose the domain and how you can find excellent software for any site for free.
Learn how to set up your own online business and start selling online. All the things you need to know about starting up your own e-commerce business are covered here.
Get the basics about hosting plans, Merchants, Paypal, Domain names and e-commerce software.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
HOW TO START YOUR OWN ONLINE BUSINESS ~ THE BASICS
- DOMAIN NAME: Choose Domain Name. Make it descriptive. If your business has a geographical target, then choose the best known domain extension (.com, .au, co.uk, etc.).
- HOSTING: Choose a quality shared Hosting Provider that has CPanel and can handle the platform you plan to use. Ensure they have Good Telephone Support.
- SOFTWARE: Choose a Good Quality Shopping Cart or Cart and Database Driven Platform. WordPress and Prestashop are both free open source options and easy to manage.
- MERCHANT: Choose a free or low cost Merchant Facility that will easily integrate with your store. Paypal Business or Skrill are two good options which have low fees.