The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
By the end of 2023, Amazon will have at least 355 large warehouses and sorting centers in the United States, totaling approximately 319 million square feet.
BigRentz analyzed publicly available Amazon warehouse data to determine the total square footage of Amazon U.S. warehouses as well as the states with the most and least Amazon warehouse space per capita.
- Amazon’s largest warehouse is located in Newport, Delaware and is 3.8 million square feet, which is approximately 67 football fields.
- California has the largest number of warehouses in any state, however the centers are most concentrated in the Northeast, specifically in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- States with the most Amazon warehouse space per capita:
- Rhode Island
- States with the least Amazon warehouse space per capita:
- States with the most Amazon warehouse space per square footage:
Take a look at the full report.