Makenzie Pohl https://www.top10.com 1m 334
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Sustaining a high level of organization throughout the moving process is essential. Transform a potentially stressful endeavor into a smooth transition by employing a comprehensive moving checklist, enlisting the services of a reputable moving company, and implementing valuable advice. The Top10 moving checklist covers every phase of your relocation journey.
- Explore rental options for moving trucks.
- Perform a thorough inventory assessment and determine items requiring insurance coverage or delicate packing.
- If you have children, initiate the transfer of their academic transcripts.
- Begin the process of decluttering and disposing of items no longer needed to facilitate a lighter packing process.
- Verify all the particulars with your moving company.
- Procure or assemble the necessary supplies for your move, including packing tape, markers for labeling boxes, and a toolkit for dismantling items.
- Set up appointments to cancel utilities such as gas, water, and internet.
- Start packing your belongings, giving priority to the bulkiest items.
- If you’re relocating a considerable distance and require air travel, initiate the booking of your flight tickets.
- Arrange for your new address to be registered with your local post office.
- Clear your schedule to concentrate on the relocation and schedule any necessary paid time off (PTO).
- Ensure that your car’s registration and driver’s license accurately display your new address.
- Prepare a separate bag with essentials such as spare clothing, toiletries, and electronic devices to keep them readily available throughout the move.
- Plan for a pre-move house cleaning if required by your lease or requested by the new property owners.
- Inform your neighbors of your departure and potential moving truck activity in the neighborhood.
- Dismantle bulky furniture items such as beds and tables, to facilitate their transportation.
- Examine the information provided by the movers to safeguard against potential moving fraud.
- Update your home’s locks and keys prior to departure.
- Conduct a final inspection to ensure nothing is left behind before moving.
- Use this printable checklist to make your move easier!