Anonymous 2m 557
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Before i started this job I thought I was a pretty normal person and your avg. person in DC had common sense. Damn if I wasn’t wrong on that one. Now mind you the avg home price where i deliver is $750,000+. Here are a few tips to get your shit to you, not get ran the hell over, and not get cursed out by a driver wearing a shit brown uniform.
* Put fucking numbers on your house. How hard is that? I know your college educated. How fucking hard is it to post numbers. Hire someone hell hire me to put em up. And I understand your shit may be getting remodeled. Grab one of those big ass pieces of ply-wood spray some numbers on it and stick it in the front yard.
* Illuminate the fucking lights. Go stand in the middle of the street at night and see if you can see your house numbers. If you cant see them or have to search to find them how in the fuck do you think I can see them?????
* If you see my big ass truck driving down a narrow two way street with cars parked on both sides I PROMISE you you cannot get buy. Not even in a mini cooper on two wheels.
* If you come out and see that your side view mirror is ripped off dont automatically assume it was me. It was probaly the asshole trying to squeeze by me.
* Honking your horn is not going to move my truck. I assure you I already know I’m blocking your path and you blowing your horn constantly is only going to piss me off which in turn is only going to make me take longer to piss you off.
* If you ordered huge shit from pottery barn, west elm, ikea, or overstock.com and I’m nice enough to bring it in your house b/c your weak, old, with child, have broken limb or just plain fucking lazy dont tip me a fucking dollar and think anything else is going to make it to your house on 1st attempt or in one piece.
* Dont bitch because I threw your landsend or j crew package to your door. Its only a fucking shirt calm your nerves.
* Dont tell me you damn life story unless your paying me to listen. I am on a time line. Shut up and just sign.
* Lock up your dog/cat/bad ass kid or whatever else is wild behind your door. If it comes at me I will fuck it up with whatever I can get my hands on to defend myself.
* And dont try to jump in my shit about a package that UPS lost somewhere in transition. I am only a driver I only deliver what they put on my truck. I have not been a driver my whole life and dont think this brown uniform will stop you from getting your ass kicked
* And always remember my truck is bigger than your vehicle. Its raggedy as hell and DOES NOT STOP ON A DIME and never will. Dont cut me off or ride your bike in my path or think you can beat me across the street. I promise you will end up the loser guaranteed
Original Source: best of craigslist: Rants from a UPS driver