The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
[Study] 1-in-5 Americans spending 8+ hours on phone daily
Almost 15 years since the first iPhone was released, it’s no secret we spend a lot of time on our phones and our relationship with them is complex and often compulsive. The question is, to what extent are we aware of our relationship with our phones?
Solitaired recently surveyed iPhone users and asked them to guess how much time they spend on their phones, then had them send documentation of their actual usage data courtesy of their iOS Screen Time dashboard.
- The average person spends 5 h 42 min on their phones each day…two hours longer than they think.
- 65% underestimate their daily phone time by an hour or more.
- 1-in-5 Americans spend 8+ hours on their phone daily.
- The apps Americans use most each day: 1. TikTok 2. Twitter 3. Safari 4. Chrome 5. YouTube.
- The average person is on social media 1 hr and 23 min per day
Take a look at the full report.