The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
The Pains Of Using Technology
It’s no secret that Americans love their tech devices. People are attached to their phones and tablets and gaming systems like never before. As much as we love our tech devices, the truth of the matter is that they can and are causing harm to our bodies whether or not we realize it yet.
In an analysis of Google search trends, ImagineMD conducted an extensive analysis to try and identify how people talk about their conditions and how they search for relief.
According to recent Google search trends, the top five things that are bothering us the most:
Own Your Copy Today!
- Thumbs (average monthly search volume of 84,670 searches)
- Elbows (average monthly search volume of 43,060 searches)
- Neck (average monthly search volume of 27,370 searches)
- Eyes (average monthly search volume of 21,510 searches)
- Shoulders (average monthly search volume of 14,330 searches)
Here’s how each of these ailments is commonly searched as:
- Thumbs (texting thumb, gamer’s thumb, smartphone thumb)
- Elbows (cell phone elbow, selfie elbow, numb pinky finger)
- Neck (text next, tech neck, phone neck)
- Eyes (computer eyes, eye fatigue, computer eye strain)
- Shoulder (mouse shoulder, computer shoulder pain, gorilla arm syndrome)
To the see the full analysis, check out the infographic below.
Click to open / Right-click for save options