The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Environmentally Friendly Packaging
Companies always try to catch user’s attention with unique packaging design, creative logos and high-profile marketing campaigns. And now another thing that’s been added to this mix is eco-friendly packaging. Customers today want their packaging to be durable, environment friendly and flexible. There are many ways to improve eco-friendly packaging like using the thinner plastics for water bottles, using the recycled materials to create initial packaging. Use of biodegradable plastic, created from natural sources, for packaging supplies etc.
In this growing demographic, if your brand wants to stand out then use of eco-friendly packaging is required. Your product packaging should be a reflection of your efforts towards environment. People like to follow the brands that use green packaging. Customer loyalty and increased sales are among the top benefits that your business can get if you use eco-friendly packaging materials. Companies should also focus on using the techniques and tools that can reduce the packaging waste. An ideal packaging should be durable, lightweight and produced using minimal materials.
Currently food and beverage industry are the leading consumers of eco-friendly packaging. Packaging is used to protect goods and it is also one of the most popular marketing tools. You can improve your brand’s image and attract more customers by using the eco-friendly packaging materials. The greatest challenge for any company is to fulfill the ever changing demands of the customers. Go through this infographic, created by Globe Packaging, which revolves around the types and benefits of eco-friendly packaging.
Own Your Copy Today!
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Food & Beverages
- Plastic or bioplastics made from corn, potatoes, or other annually renewable resources.
- Bio-compostable plastic and paper products.
- Bio-degradable materials that decompose, usually by bacteria or sunlight, into original organic components within a reasonably short period of time.
- Recycled content – materials that have been recovered or diverted from the solid waste stream.
- Helping to attract and retain customers. Most consumers will choose an environmentally friendly package over conventional packaging.
- Reducing excess packaging material, which results in lighter, smaller, and lower cost shipments.
- Showing that the company cares about the environment and listens to customers concerns.
FACTS & STATS
- 98% of people say glass containers look the most appealing on the shelf.
- 76% of people say food and beverage products packaged in glass are higher quality.
- 1 in 3 people would buy more of their favourite foods and drinks in glass, if they were available.