The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Mental Health Issues At Work
But which cities and industries are working the hardest to bring these figures down by talking about mental health in a professional setting?
Protectivity has addressed the importance of discussing mental health in the workplace by analyzing how confident people across the UK are at discussing these issues in a professional setting. You can view the infographic below.
Some of the findings can be found below:
- Nationally, less than 1 in 5 workers feel confident discussing their mental health with their colleagues
- Edinburgh and Glasgow are the most confident cities in the UK when it comes to discussing mental health in the workplace with London following in 8th
- HR is the most confident industry when talking about mental health, with over 36% feeling confident discussing the topic with colleagues
- Just 8% of employees in Sales, Media and Marketing industries feel confident discussing mental health with colleagues
- Workers in Leeds are the least confident discussing their mental health, closely followed by those in Sheffield