Matt Zajechowski https://preply.com 0m 121 #slang
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
50% of Americans admit to using slang without knowing what it means
It seems like every day a new slang word pops up leaving most to scratch their head and wonder where it came from and what it means.
Preply recently surveyed 2,000 Americans to learn more about their perceptions of slang words in 2021.
- The vast majority of Americans (80%) admit to using slang, with 1-in-5 using it in every conversation.
- 50% of Americans regularly use slang terms without knowing their meaning.
- The most popular slang words in America: 1. Ghosted 2. Salty 3. On point 4. Woke 5. Goat.
- 3-in-5 Americans are annoyed by slang words.
- The most annoying slang words in America: 1. OK Boomer 2. Bae 3. Bye, Felicia 4. On fleek 5. Woke.
Take a look at the full report.