The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
50% of Americans admit to using slang without knowing what it means
It seems like every day a new slang word pops up leaving most to scratch their head and wonder where it came from and what it means.
- The vast majority of Americans (80%) admit to using slang, with 1-in-5 using it in every conversation.
- 50% of Americans regularly use slang terms without knowing their meaning.
- The most popular slang words in America: 1. Ghosted 2. Salty 3. On point 4. Woke 5. Goat.
- 3-in-5 Americans are annoyed by slang words.
- The most annoying slang words in America: 1. OK Boomer 2. Bae 3. Bye, Felicia 4. On fleek 5. Woke.