The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
55% of singles have tried virtual dating during pandemic
The pandemic has forced many single people to think differently about how they approach both dating and romantic interactions with other people.
Basic Seltzer recently surveyed 2,000 unmarried millennials and Gen Zers to learn more about how sex and dating has changed during the pandemic.
Here’s what they found:
- During the pandemic, 70% of people dating have chosen to approach dating differently than they normally would.
- 79% of daters report less game-playing with people being more straightforward about what they want or don’t want.
- 45% have dated strictly in-person, 22% have done strictly virtual dating, while 33% have done a mix of both.
- Of those who have tried virtual dating, 72% say they get a good sense of chemistry over video chat.
- 56% said they’ve been stood up on a virtual date.
- 63% said they will keep virtual dates in their post-pandemic repertoire.
Take a look at the full report.