The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Elon’s Empire: The Making Of A Billionaire
Self-made billionaire Elon Musk can seemingly do it all. At the age of just 46, the entrepreneur has launched a number of successful companies, including Tesla, SpaceX, PayPal and the Boring Company, and is now worth is now worth a huge $20 billion.
But has he put his money to good use?
We’ve worked with RS Components to analyse Elon’s empire and find out what his biggest investments have been.
Here’s a snippet of what we found:
- The industry Musk has invested in the most is the software and app industry, with a total of 7 investments.
- His biggest investment in the software and app industry was in a company called Stripe, a payment processing platform, where he invested $10,200,000
- The biggest investment Musk has ever made is in SpaceX, a California-based rocket and spacecraft manufacturer founded by Musk himself in 2002.
- At the age of 31, Musk invested $100,000,000 into SpaceX, with the goal to reduce space transportation costs and enable the colonisation of Mars.
- Musk’s second biggest investment is in Tesla, an American automaker, energy storage company, and solar panel manufacturer. At the age of 32, he invested $70,000,000 into the company in a bid to develop, manufacture and sells high-performance, fully electric vehicles and electric vehicle powertrain components. The company is now run by Musk.
Whether he’s launching satellites or working on the Tesla production line, Musk is constantly proving he’s a man of unexpected capabilities. Just what will he invest in next?
You can view the infographic below.
Click to open / Right-click for save options