Matt Zajechowski https://www.verilife.com 1m 173 #covid19
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Survey: 67% of Americans feel burned out for working remotely
If one word could sum up 2020, burnout would be it. Between the COVID-19 pandemic and stress in the workplace, many Americans are dealing with more stress than ever before.
Verilife recently surveyed 2,000 Americans to ask them about their experiences with burnout, symptoms of burnout and how they cope with stress and exhaustion in 2020.
Here’s what they found:
- 92% of those surveyed say burnout affects their everyday life.
- Most common causes for burnout: 1. COVID-19 2. Work 3. Finances 4. Politics 5. The News 6. Social Media.
- Most common causes of workplace burnout: 1. Pressure to put in extra work 2. Not taking PTO 3. Working remotely 4. Fear or furlough/layoffs 5. Stressful manager/boss 6. Stressful coworkers.
- 80% of Americans say burnout has prevented them from focusing at work. 61% have cried before, during or after work. 56% say burnout has prevented them from going to work.
- 67% feel burned out from working remotely. 57% report working longer hours since working remotely. One-third of respondents feel less productive at work during the pandemic.
Take a look at the full report.