Ally Kern https://imaginemd.net 2m 487
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Do You Have 15 Minutes?
15 minutes can be an appropriate amount of time to finish a task in some professions. A cab driver can often get a patron to their destination in 15 minutes, or a stockbroker can make several trades within that time. But for other professions, 15 minutes isn’t nearly enough time.
Regardless of whether it’s enough time or not, 15 minutes has come to be the typical amount of time a doctor spends with each patient per visit. ImagineMD looked into what 15 minutes can get you across 15 other professions, and if the task can even be performed fully.
A mechanic can’t complete an oil change in that time, as it typically takes around 30 minutes. With someone having as an important of a job as a doctor, often leading the decision making of our health, is 15 minutes enough?
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Own Your Copy Today!
What 15 minutes gets you
Do you think 15 minutes is enough time for your doctor to examine and take care of you in a single visit? According to a report from the Annals of Internal Medicineoh, that’s the average amount of time that doctor spend with their patients. We put together a comparative list to show what you can also accomplish in this 15 minutes across other disciplines.
- auto mechanic 50% of your oil changed, total time 30 minutes
- manicure 50%, total time 30 minutes including getting your hand sanitizer, polish removed, nail shaped, hand soap, cuticles pushed back and trimmed
- grocery shopping 36% accomplished, men spend about 39 minutes and women spend nearly 45 minutes grocery shopping on average
- therapist/psychologist 30% of the appointment with the average therapy sessions lasting an hour but most sessions nowadays are 45 minutes
- certified public accountant 25% of tax filing appointment, typically scheduled for 1 hour and the majority of non business income tax returns can be compiled in that amount of time
- massage 25% of a chair massage which covers just the back and neck and 60 minutes
- dental hygienist 25% of appointment, first 15 minutes spent doing an introduction, Chief complaints, vitals, and x-rays. Dentist only spend 5 minutes with patient; the rest of the appointment which typically last an hour is conducted by the dental hygienist
- maintenance worker 18.75% of thermostat replaced usually an hour and a half on average
- landscape architect 18.75% of yard designedhome consultation for ideas usually takes about an hour and a half on average
- wardrobe consultant 16.7% of appointment with the stylist, which can usually last between one and two hours
- painter 15% of a wall in a home, can cover 100 to 120 square feet in an hour
- feng shui consultant 12.5% minimum of 2 hours spent in the home
- cleaning services 5.35% of home cleaned average cost to clean a single home is $140 at an average of $30 an hour
- electrician 2.8% of electric panel would be replaced, most common project is to upgrade an electrical panel which can take up to 9 hours to complete
- architect 0.77% of remodeling design. On average architect charge $155 per hour, and the average $5,018