Guide To Hiring A Wedding Car [Infographic]
Read This Confession To Me
Groom's Guide For Wedding Cars
Getting married is one of the most stressful life events that can have a sweet bride and cool groom experience without resorting to pulling their own and each other's hair out. But, with careful planning, and keeping your feet on solid ground, the Big Day will be as spectacular or refined as you want.
When it come to the mode of transport it typically falls with the groom's remit, and while he may want the latest design concept in fast and luxurious cars the reality boils down to selecting the correct type, style and mode of transport befitting the style and theme of the wedding.
There are plenty of choices available to suit all styles of wedding and budgets. From hiring a theme specific mode of transport to titivating up your own vehicle there's a car, bus, lorry or horse drawn carriage to fit the bill.
Picking a vehicle that is fit for purpose may pose more of a problem than you think. For example, there's little point in choosing a Mini if the bride's large, voluminous dress won't fit comfortably inside. Likewise, picking a horse and carriage won't go down to well if the theme is all-out contemporary, nor will turning up in a bright pink Cadillac when the theme requires a Rolls Royce.
To get it right it's all about taking a look at the options available within your budget. Think about the theme, venue and how the cars are going to be used. You could go 'all-out' with a stunning mode of transport to get the bride to the venue and then switch to a more practical vehicle to go off to the airport or hotel.
Plenty of choices and options will enable you, the groom, to select the right transportation and still end-up smelling as sweet as the bride's bouquet!
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Groom's Guide To Hiring A Wedding Car
Welcome to "The Groom's Guide To Hiring A Wedding Car"! So you're planning the wedding and the bride has taken complete control of everything EXCEPT the cars, because you're not going to allow the missus to organise that are you? Before heading out and hiring that Lamborghini that we all know you were thinking about doing, there's a few things you MUST consider first...
What to think about when hiring a car?
- Price: Don't blow all the wedding's budget on your dream car.
- Colour: The missus won't be very happy if the wedding is all "pastel pinks" and you turn up in a bright yellow Ferrari.
- Wedding Theme: This one's a toughie. It's going to require paying attention to your other half. Make sure your choice of car fits in with the theme of the wedding.
- Decorations: Because girls notice these things.
- Terrain: Take care if the wedding is in a field or on a beach.
- Post Wedding Champers: Let's face it, you're going to need a drink after the ceremony, so fit the car with some champagne.
- Luggage: Make sure there's room for your honeymoon luggage.
- Pre-wedding Checks: Double check that everything's ok before the day arrives! You don't want the car to arrive late or in poor condition.
Types of Wedding Car
Example: 1928 Hillman
Reason: Perfect for a "vintage" wedding. Lots of room for the bride's dress. Easy to get in/out.
Price Range: £250-£350
Example: 1965 Austin Princess
Reason: Still "old-school" but more "upper class". Again lots of room for bride's dress and easy to in/out.
Price Range: £300-£450
Example: Rolls Royce Phantom
Reason: Top of the range for modern weddings.
Price Range: £500-£700
Example: 1930 Beauford
Reason: Convertible. Perfect for the summer.
Price Range: £400-£500
Example: 1951 Buick Sedan
Reason: Great for "American" style weddings.
Price Range: £300-£400
Example: Stretch Lincoln Limousine
Reason: Loads of room. Great if you want to travel with a group.
Price Range: £300-£400
Example: London Routemaster Bus
Reason: Ideal for gathering guests and getting them to the wedding.
Price Range: £500-£650
Example: 1967 Volkswagen Campervan
Reason: For the more "outdoorsy" people.
Price Range: £200-£400
Example: London Taxi
Reason: Cheap and cheerful.
Price Range: £200-£350
Pimp My Ride - Wedding Edition
If the bride has spent all the wedding's budget on fancy flowers and bridesmaid dresses, you might want to think about turning your own car into the wedding car. If so, here's a few tips on a DIY wedding car...
Want some cans dangling from the back of your car? Why not recycle Friday night's tinnies?
Simply paint the tin so the missus doesn't catch on and a letter from "JUST MARRIED" to each tin. Then stab a hole all the way through and thread some string through. Repeat with multiple tins and attach them all to the rear bumper. Job done.
No, toilet and kitchen roll won't do! If it rains, you're stuffed. You need something waterproof...
Don't forget the booze
Simply place a bottle of champagne into a cup holder for stability.
Got the munchies?
Fill the centre console or glove box with treats.
Wash the car
Because that's the least you can do!
Don't want to drive?
Add it to the Best Man's list of duties
Want something different?
If you're looking for inspiration, here's a few unusual wedding cars to give you ideas.
His & Hers Smart Cars
Maybe you're in the military
Maybe get a car or two from your favourite film/tv show?
How about a car that related to your profession?
Or something to resemble your love of racing?
Are you a trucker? No problem..
All of these are available to hire for your wedding!
Hopefully this guide will keep you out of trouble on your special day.
Brought to you by:
The clever way to lease a new car
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- Getting married is one of the most stressful life events that can have a sweet bride and cool groom experience without resorting to pulling their own and each other's hair out.
- When it come to the mode of transport it typically falls with the groom's remit, and while he may want the latest design concept in fast and luxurious cars the reality boils down to selecting the correct type, style and mode of transport befitting the style and theme of the wedding.
- Picking a vehicle that is fit for purpose may pose more of a problem than you think.
- To get it right it's all about taking a look at the options available within your budget.