The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
61% of Americans would move if given option to work permanently remote
As the prospect of long-term remote work emerges, millions of Americans are dreaming of new ways to live and new places to move. CraftJack recently surveyed 2,888 American workers to learn more about their feelings towards permanent remote work, where they would move if given an option and compensation if relocating.
Here’s what they found:
- 61% of Americans would move if given the option to work permanently remote.
- 87% believe they should be paid the same if they move to a more affordable area.
- 78% would need $100,000 to move to a city they don’t really like.
- Top reasons for wanting to move: 1. Bigger/better home 2. Lower cost of living 3. Access to nature 4. Closer to family/friends.
- Trendiest states to move to: 1. Texas 2. California 3. Florida 4. Colorado.
- Trendiest cities to move to: 1. Austin 2. Los Angeles 3. New York 4. Denver.
Take a look at the full report.
Own Your Copy Today!