The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Some fanbases are more well-known than others for having a few too many during a baseball game, but which MLB fans are the biggest drinkers?
NJ Online Gambling recently surveyed 2,631 Major League Baseball fans over the age of 21, to learn about their drinking habits and to find out which fanbases drink the most.
Here’s what they found:
- The Chicago White Sox are the booziest baseball fans averaging 4.2 drinks per game and an average spend of $46.
- Top 5 booziest fanbases: 1. Chicago White Sox 2. Atlanta Braves 3. Cincinnati Reds 4. Cleveland Indians 5. San Diego Padres.
- The Philadelphia Phillies fans drink the least during games consuming an average of 2.4 drinks per game. Phillies fans rank slightly below the Oakland A’s fans (2.5 drinks per game) and San Francisco Giants fans (2.7 drinks per game).
- The biggest pregamers in MLB: 1. Toronto Blue Jays 2. St. Louis Cardinals 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Cincinnati Reds 5. Milwaukee Brewers.
- The biggest lightweight drinkers in MLB: 1. Chicago White Sox 2. Cincinnati Reds 3. Colorado Rockies 4. Cleveland Indians 5. Miami Marlins.
Take a look at the full report.