The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
5 Keys Factors for Your Success
There are many factors responsible for the keys to success. Some people seem to have all the luck in the world, while others have none. There are are still others who work hard and become successful, while others give it their all and still end up feeling or being unsuccessful. The truth is that no one ever became successful on the first try and the majority had to fail a dozen or a few hundred times in order to find success. Some others failed in several careers before they found the career they loved. Those who never try and feel like a failure immediately are never likely to succeed or achieve anything they could call success.
While I have had my own successes and many failures and learning phases, there have been a few key factors that I have always had in everything I have done. They are always there whenever I strive to do something. These keys are in all of us and everyone has the potential to unlock and use them in everything they do. These keys factors are:
1. Discipline: To have discipline sounds easy enough, doesn’t it? Many people end up failing with this first one, often slacking, making excuses, or simply being deterred almost immediately before they have even begun any other process. While all factors are interdependent on each other, if this one fails, they all come crashing down since this is the single factor that continues to hold them all together.
Discipline requires self-obedience, self-respect, and self-guilt. While it is easier to get other people to look after you and keep you on the course, the decision for anything is up to you. Having discipline means you can stay on the course of your focus and nothing is going to take you away from it. No one can say or do anything to sway your decision. You have ultimately
Own Your Copy Today!
2. Motivation: Having the motivation to actually do something comes from within – from the thoughts, the heart, the passion, the feeling, the want, and the need to do the thing you want to do. If you have motivation, it will ultimately build up into everything else, like a fire burning from within to do it.
3. Ambition: This is the drive and determination you have to do something. This is the force that goes beyond motivation, which makes you innately have a desire or passion to do something and failure would not be an option if you let ambition control you.
4. Desire: If you have the desire to do something, you will be driven to go for it which ties in with ambition and motivation, but your desire for it makes you want to have what you want badly. The end result is constantly in your thoughts, goals, and dreams, and with a desire for something, you cannot be swayed from your path.
5. Patience: This is a very important factor, with its strongest relation being the discipline factor, as many things take time to get, from a few hours, to days, to months, and maybe even years. As the saying goes, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Whether it comes to getting a job, a career, getting into a great university, falling in love, or losing weight, all these things take time, as other things must be obtained or sought after in order to achieve the actual goal. For example, someone who is overweight might wish to weigh less tomorrow and hope that a miracle pill cures them and makes them weigh less tomorrow, but the fact is: It took months to years to become overweight. It will take a few months to years to lose the weight too.
Practice patience and you will learn and see that all things come in their right time.
There are plenty of other factors that can be used as the keys for success, but these five come to my mind whenever I strive towards my own success. I hope they serve you well and may you find your own success using these keys!
About the Author
Matthew Gates is a freelance web designer and currently runs Confessions of the Professions.