The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
Uncommon Sex Laws
If sex is a sin then what is the point of living if we are all going to hell? There are plenty of sexual acts that are enjoyable and are meant to be explored with a loving partner that you trust. What you do in the comfort of your own home, with your significant other, so long as you cause no real harm to yourself or your significant other, should be allowed, as you please. Unfortunately, around the United States and the world, there are plenty of laws, though you may not be monitored strictly, but if caught, would receive a fine, jail time, or worse.
Some of these laws do exist for a reason, because they should exist, such as incest and beastality in which you should not have sex with your parents or siblings, or animals. Other laws exist because the people that govern the country or state may have thought such acts should be illegal. Some of these sex laws make sense, while others are probably left to be broken. The most awkward thing about laws is that… no law was ever created for no reason.
This infographic covers some of the strangest sex laws.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
20 Strangest Sex Laws
1. There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and de-flower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time. Reason: Under Guam lw, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.
2. Most Middle Eastern countries recognize the following Islamic law: “After having sexual relations with a lamb, it is a mortal sin to eat its flesh.”
3. In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.
4. Anywhere in the United States, it’s illegal to use any living endangered species, except insects, in public or private sexual displays, shows, or exhibits depicting cross-species sex. (Insectophiles apparently were successful in their lobbying efforts.)
Own Your Copy Today!
5. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals, but is forbidden from looking directly at them during examination. He may only see their reflect in a mirror.
6. In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. (The husband’s lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.)
7. In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.
8. In the state of Washington there is a law against having sex ith a virgin under any circumstance including the wedding night.
9. In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens her mother must be int he room to witness the act.
10. No woman may have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance within the boundaries of Tremonton, Utah. If caught, the woman can be charged with a sexual misdemeanor and “her name it to be published in the local newspaper.” The man isn’t charged nor is his name revealed.
11. In Romboch, Virgnia, it is illegal to engaged in sexual activity with the lights on.
12. It’s illegal to have sex without a condom in Nevada.
13. It is illegal for any member of the Nevada Legislature to conduct official business wearing a penis constume while the legislature is in session.
14. In Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, D.C., and Wisconsin an erection that shows through a man’s clothing is illegal.
15. No man is allowed to make love to his wife with the smell of garlic, onions, or sardines on his breath in Alexandria, Minnesota. If his wife so requests, law mandates that he must brush his teeth.
16. In Minnesota, it is illegal for any man to have sexual intercourse with a live fish. (Apparently it’s OK for women.)
17. Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers; the sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.
18. An ordinance in Newcastle, Wyoming, specifically bans couples from having sex while standing inside a store’s walk-in meat freezer.
19. The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.
20. In hotels in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, every room is required to have twin beds. And the beds must always be a minimum of two feet apart when a couple rents a room for only one night. And it’s illegal to make love on the floor between the bed!
Information provided by:
Matthew Gates is a freelance web designer and currently runs Confessions of the Professions.