The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
1-in-4 homebuyers would go over budget by $100,000 for a dream home
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the housing market has surged. Homes are disappearing off the market faster than they have in years, and are selling for more than before.
HomeAdvisor surveyed nearly 2,000 Americans to learn more about the biggest deal-breakers for homebuyers, as well as what types of homes they’ll pay above market price for.
- 86% of recent homebuyers reported a stressful homebuying experience (up from 60% pre-pandemic).
- 84% said they decided on a home more quickly than they were comfortable with (up from 48% pre-pandemic).
- The biggest deal-breakers for homebuyers:
- Exterior issues
- Weatherproofing issues
- Significant number of repairs needed.
- Price was the most important factor for homebuyers, yet 63% said they’d go over budget for a dream home.
- 1-in-4 would go over budget by $100,000 for a dream home.
The full report also includes fun breakdowns on whether or not homebuyers would live in homes that were haunted, in a tv show, had a crime committed, in close proximity to an ex among many others.