The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
The internet gives us near-unlimited access to information. But how trustworthy is that information? Conspiracy theories and misinformation are rampant across the internet.
Online Tech Tips analyzed 2,640 search results across four major search engines to determine which one returns the most dangerous results.
- Google supplied the fewest alarming results (3%) and DuckDuckGo supplied the most (31%).
- DuckDuckGo and Bing users were 9x more likely to be exposed to alarming information than Google.
- Queries that return the most alarming information by search engine: Climate change hoax (DuckDuckGo, Bing, Yahoo) Critical race theory (Google).
- Three major topics returned the most dangerous results across all 4 search engines: 1. How to print a 3D gun 2. How to make meth 3. Methods of suicide.
- DuckDuckGo is the most cohttps://www.online-tech-tips.com/nspiracy-friendly search engine.
- Yahoo, Bing and DuckDuckGo users are 12-14 times more likely to be exposed to conspiracy theories than Google uses.
Take a look at the full report.