The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
LinkedIn Photos For First Impressions
LinkedIn photos say a lot about you as a professional whether or not you are actively looking for a job or not. These photos have the ability to make powerful impressions, both positive and negative on current and future employers.
JDP who is a background and social media screening firm, recently analyzed 2,000 LinkedIn photos across 11 different industries. In doing this they wanted to better understand trends in technical execution, style and characteristics like facial expression and attire in LinkedIn photos. In this analysis they also ranked the industries with the best LinkedIn photos.
Among the trends they measured:
- Industries with the most selfies in LinkedIn photos
- Industries with the most pics cropped from a group (seriously who does this?)
- Which industry smiles the most in their LinkedIn pictures
- Which industry is the most casually dressed
- Differences in LinkedIn photos between men and women
In their analysis they gave grades for each of the 11 industries analyzed.
Listed below is a breakdown:
- Real Estate A
- Recruiting A-
- Marketing, Advertising, PR A-
- Sales, Business Development B+
- Health, Wellness, Fitness B-
- Finance, Banking C
- IT, Computer Science C
- Healthcare D
- Education D-
- Government F
- Retail F
To see the full analysis of LinkedIn photos from JDP check out the infographic below.
Click to open / Right-click for save options