Matt Zajechowski https://www.jobsage.com 1m 169 #work
The views of this article are the perspective of the author and may not be reflective of Confessions of the Professions.
38% of American workers admit they can’t maintain a high quality of work while on a “workcation”
Working, vacationing…or both? ‘
Workcations’ has been a trend on the rise ever since the COVID pandemic with more remote workers in the workplace than ever before.
But not everyone loves it.
JobSage surveyed 1,000 Americans on their work and leisure habits to learn how they feel about workcations.
- Over two-thirds (67%) of employees say their work and leisure time has blended together in recent years.
- 81% have worked during a vacation. 1 in 3 plan to work during a vacation in 2023.
- 59% don’t like the concept of workcation, yet 47% have taken one because they couldn’t get the time off.
- Nearly the same percentage (45%) say their vacation has gotten shorter in recent years because of work pressure.
- For those taking a workcation, 29% say it enables more travel and 27% believe it’s easier than taking time off.
Take a look at the full report and let me know if you can use any of this data for a story.